Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Stock Market Discussion » .

David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
What does that company even do? They haven't sold anything (according to the balance sheet) for 4 days.

Meanwhile, ELRY is sub 5 dollars, but you can't ever buy a single share of it!
Jim Frazer
RJ: Kenneth Noisewater
CO: Kenneth Noisewater

+ / -

Total Posts: 25
Someone has figured out how to spike prices. 4 companies all IPO'd from the same CEO, all have shot up 900 - 4000% today. 3 of the 4 don't seem to have any source of revenue (ORE being the exception, which looks solid).

The dividends are also set at ridiculous levels ($4+). Is that what causes the prices to spike so quickly?
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
To be fair, it does seem that BMW undertook some massive expansion about 3 days ago, seemingly shutting down production/sales to spend 300 million in construction.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
The reason the price shot up is he did this: IPO, buy all shares, issue shares, buy all shares, issue shares, etc. Raising billions of dollars from the robo investors and generating a ton of "profit." He'll get 20% of it paid to him in an executive bonus, the dividend will give him another big chunk of the money, then he can sell his shares at the inflated price (which will go up even further from all the "profit").

Pretty much the same thing Walter did, and many others. I admit to doing it myself a bit when I was selling off my unwanted companies (got way more than they were worth), although not quite on that kind of scale. The rankings get a bit silly when all the top companies are inflated like that, and the companies that are actually generating legitimate profit are undervalued. Hopefully the stock market gets revamped soon.

Removal of the robo investors and adding some kind of market for stock would be a good idea - just making it like the b2b would work. Someone puts shares up for sale, someone else buys, etc. Maybe have a way to add buy orders too. Doing an IPO could put shares up for sale and would only raise the money when players bought them, and issuing more shares would do the same.

You need to register or login to post a reply.