Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » .

David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Moe Jack
RJ: Moejack
CO: Moe Jack

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
I usually do the search.

What I'd LIKE to do is contract with a producer for electricity at a set price.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
@BallC:
Sometime I do a search, but sometime I just go to my warehouse and click on view on market (if I have any left) to find it on b2b. But I always buy from the page where you can look at who is the seller for each line by clicking on the electricity after searching.

So I guess my answer is I'm using the list with oldest listing first. I think your bot is using the "search"? Which was why I noticed that you often buy from me on the new server because I tend to refresh my listing.

As for which one that I buy. I choose one that have the amount larger than what I need and closest to what I need. So if I want to buy 3 millions units, I buy from someone that offering 5 millions units instead of someone that is offering 20 millions. And I buy from someone that offering 20 millions units instead of making two separate purchases from someone offer 2.6 millions and one that offer 0.6 millions.
Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Listing multiple lots of different sizes is a good idea, but I also try another strategy to create the illusion of shortage. It doesn't work at current situation when there are plenty of electricity on b2b, but when there is a shortage, I list only limited amount.

Instead of having several listing that total of 100 millions units, I list one 10 millions b2b offer then only replace that when more than half are sold. My reasoning is if people think there is going to be a shortage, they're more likely to buy in large batches to stock up. If they see that there are 100 millions units on b2b, they'll probably just buy what they need and not stock up extra. :)
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Victoria - That might have an undesired affect, though. If people see small amounts of electricity on the market they might think there is an opportunity to enter the market. If they see billions they'll probably think it's too flooded to bother.

On the consumer end they're going to use the same overall amount of electricity no matter what really - it just depends who they're buying it from. Keeping the market flooded to discourage competitors is probably a better strategy than trying to trick customers into thinking there might be a shortage. Even if I buy 10 million electricity today instead of 2 million, it just means I won't be buying the 2 million the next few days.
Victoria Raverna

+ / -

You are right about that, but I don't care if there are more producers because my main focus is not in electricity. If there are more producers, then I can focus on my main business and stop running a power plant. I only sell to b2b because I have surplus with my single 500 m2 power plant.

Gheed Baiwa ben sandara
RJ: Bob
CO: Bob

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
I do a search for elec and buy the cheapest bulk that best fits my needs.
Bill Gates
RJ: Bill Gates
CO: Bill Gates

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
I just buy the cheapest I can see, generally I hit the "View on market" button if I have any left, otherwise I just go to categories>electricity.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

+ / -

Total Posts: 130
.16 cents?

Try again...

Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
For utilities, I buy the cheapest. I always go for the smaller batch first, if I can buy it out, I'll buy it out. Then I buy from the next smallest batch, taking out of it whatever I need.
(Though, if the same company has multiple listings, I favor the company that has fewer listings if there is one.)
If I find the pricing too much, I just check back another time.

In short:
Cheap/Affordable --> Favor Smallest Batch --> Favor Single Listing --> Loop if need/want more
David Gray
RJ: graydoo
CO: graydoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
Step 1: Enter 12 hours for a factory run and hit confirm
Step 2: Notice it is only going to run for 9:42:20 due to insufficient electricity
Step 3: Swear [optional]
Step 4: Buy up the cheapest electricity or refuse and sulk if it is listed too high

The amount I buy depends on the funds available and the price, preferring any with a utility company themed name.

You need to register or login to post a reply.