Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » .

David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
Continue to sell slower at higher pricing while waiting for them to run out?

Until the game allow us to treat store inventories as b2b offer and allow us to buy them, there is no good strategy to counter that other than just ignore them.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Go into another market and don't waste a slot selling there then? I don't see the logic in your "bombs" if it's unprofitable. Why throw your own potential profit down the drain just to try and hurt the little guy? I guess if your goal is to stamp out the company it might discourage them to the point of quitting/resetting if you keep "bombing" their market, but more than likely you'll just force him to diversify - moving into and "dumping" more and more of the products you're selling.

I've seen folks doing the same in my markets. I generally just ignore them. If it's profitable to continue selling in those markets I do so, if it isn't I change my slots to something else until it is profitable again.
Kabal
RJ: Kabal
CO: Kabal

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
beta server:
in the very beginning i was adjusting to -.2 or -.5 of wasp to keep sales at a reasonable volume,now i just keep selling at my own prices but almost never less than the x2.
on the other side,i refuse to sell i.e. a watermelon at $35 just to allign with the wasp,so i sell it at my Q adjusted price which is usually much lower than wasp but higher than x2.
people cutting prices too much burn their warehouses too quickly,so in the long run i make more money cause i can sell all day long w/o missing a single tick and my volume increases dramatically as soon as they are out of stock.

on new server i've no idea cause i don't have shops.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I have to agree with Cian, if it ain't workin'..find something else. I set my farm goods at the price I needed and just rode it out. Not always the most profitably, then move to another product that fared better. Your "bombs" also hurt players taht are trying to be smarter than the world AVERAGE selling price might indicate. Though, I also have to wonder at your production costs, if others are selling less than it costs you to produce, what are you doing differently?

I have to question Kabal's approach. If the market is actually paying a higher price, and the demand is still at under 60%, and for sure under 50%, why go from $30 to $6.15 because the computer formula tells you to? I have done well with ice-cream, importing and selling in the $30's. Then my own production Q's got into the high 20's, and the MSRP is like $8. But the market is still burning me right out of product in the $30 range. So why would I drop it? There are unreasonably high prices in certain goods, and you have to do what you feel is right there. But for me, it is more a matter of demand than cost or production rates.
Kabal

+ / -

think of the poor soul approaching my store in a desert hot summer day,dying for a refreshing watermelon after a hard day of work pumping petroleum out of my wells just to find he cannot afford it because i "forgot" to pay him.

on a more serious note,for something costing me $1 is more than enough to gain x20 especially if i have to burn millions of units and the new higher quality production is coming.
anyway besides fruit it usually never happens because on other goods is not uncommon being one of those greatly contributing to the wasp with my 40%-60% ms.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
LOL
You are right, Kabal. I never considered the under paid employees of your fledgling oil industry. My apologies. Buy him a watermelon on me. Then pay him! ROFLMAO
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
My employees are paid better than I am. Who else do you think is buying all those aircraft?
Kabal

+ / -

employ me Cian,i need a new jet.
i'll give you a tasty watermelon and a bottle of the finest honey you can find!

You need to register or login to post a reply.