Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » "discover" nylon, poly, vinyl

"discover" nylon, poly, vinyl

Al White
RJ: Reeboy
CO: Mister Blonde

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 14
I want to start producing these types of threads for my clothing manufacturing. Please tell me I only need to do research at an industrial R&D and not necessarily produce these at a plant?
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

Post Rating: 3
+ / -

Total Posts: 108
Synthetic threads are produced at the petrochemical plant and researched at the textile R&D: http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/pedia-product-list-cat.php?cat_id=8.

Note that you make the thread directly, not from sheets of the same material. The sheets of these materials are produced at the petrochemical plant and researched at the industrial R&D.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Also note that if you're not much concerned with the quality of those threads, you can set up the R&D plant, clock the core researches to unlock production, and then sell the R&D plant before end-of-day to recoup most of the capital and avoid any maint. fees on the structure or workforce. At default 10m you can crack a few levels on each in the space of a day, even.
Al White
RJ: Valin
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 21
Nwabudike and Josh,

Thanks for the great info! I was hoping the research alone was enough to take care of being able to produce them in my textile plant. Thanks for setting me straight on that Nwabudike. Josh, I think I'd like to produce a minimum Q.15, so I'll probably have to pay a bit of maintenance for awhile. But, can the same strategy be employed in improving my water quality? I grow my own cotton and if I had a little better quality water, I wouldn't have to research such a high quality level of cotton.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
The thing with water is that you also need a Beverage Factory in which to filter(produce) the water. You cannot research it and then pull it out of the well at a better quality. You must pull it from the well, then run it through the Beverage Factory to get the final levels you wish.

As for the research, I don't know why the same process described above shouldn't work. But Millard and Morgan can address that better if there is a difference.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
It's a tautology, but, well: you can get as much research out of an R&D facility in a day as you can get out of it in a day. All research stays with your company as long as you don't literally sell the company, so if for tactical reasons it makes sense for you to build an R&D facility, do some research, sell it off, and then build a new one down the road and do some more research later, you can do that.

Generally speaking you have two approaches to R&D:

1. Meeting basic research requirements. Some things require that you put in a point of research before you can produce them. A quick same-day build-and-sell trick makes sense for this.

2. Actively improving quality over time toward middling or high Q levels. You can't practically do that in a day, so at this point you're building an R&D facility for the long haul; make sure the value of increasing the quality of the item or items you're researching justifies the cost of maintaining the facility.

That's a tradeoff you have to figure out based on the specific line of business you're in and the state of the overall market in terms of available quality of other players' merch, which will effect the relative volume of sales at your retail stores, and on the actual demand for higher-quality products (most folks don't much care about water quality, for example, while folks who bake will care very much about the quality of wheat or flour).
Al White
RJ: Valin
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 21
Thanks Brent and again Josh,

Brent, I will definitely have to factor in the cost of a beverage factory for my future output needs. Thanks for helping me plan ahead.

Josh, I appreciate you coming back and helping clarify my possible strategies. I think both are viable and definitely #1 for the short term. I've haphazardly made one of my products' quality up to 16, but for the long term I need to be more systematic about how I raise my quality levels and your advice will be invaluable in helping me do that!

Thanks fellas!

You need to register or login to post a reply.