Advertising

Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I am not sure this is working properly?
I pay 15mil to go from 145% to 196% coverage in advertising, but the same 15mil takes me from 0% to 196% as well. Shouldn't I be paying the difference to get to 196% from 150%, if the base cost is 15mil to get there from 0? I always thought I was paying way too much in advertising based on the ROI, but now I am pretty darned sure of it.
Could you look at this when you get time? ENN is a fledgling news network and cannot afford a scandal.
Brent Goode

+ / -

I sure would like this explained or resolved.
Edwin Quintanilla
RJ: EdqMaster
CO: Edqmaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
+1
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
?? I don't see a problem here. I don't do nearly that much advertising in my stores, but if I was to spend 15 million on a single store it would give me 201.3% on a store with some advertising and 196.8% on a store with no advertising. It's adding the value like it should here.
Brent Goode

+ / -

No, Cian, it isn't. Sorry, but you are just not it on this one.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

Maybe it's working for me but not you, then? For me it's adding up normally.

I have 30 mil advertising power, I pay $1,000,000 in advertising to buy 100 mil more, and I have 130 mil advertising power. I pay $1,000,000 in advertising on a store that hasn't been advertised before, and I have 100 mil in advertising power.
Brent Goode

+ / -

For me it is as I indicated above. I have a reach in one store of 150% and pay 15mio more to get it to 200%. I have a reach in another store of 0% and pay 15mio, it goes straight to 200%.

I am penalized for already being 3/4 of the way there with the first store.
It is not working correctly.

It is also not clear to me what the metaphor is in ad pricing. I have been assuming it was some sort of covers per day...100% is one exposure/person/day, 200% is two exposures/person/day, etc.. But that would make the obviously parabolic price-to-percentage scale not very workable. If it is a linear scale for exposure, it should be a linear scale for rates. It is one of the more confusing and anything-but-efficient use of monies in the game for me.
Can't live with it, can't shoot it in the head.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

I always just advertise when I expand a store or build a new one up to around the point where it levels out (store size squared times 33.3333). So, for instance, in my size 2000 store I have advertising power at 133,333,333. That gets me +107.47% (which is a direct bonus to the store size, so it functions like a size 4149.4 store with 0 advertising power).

I'm not sure if advertising more than that amount gives you any financial gain above the cost of the advertising or not since I've never really looked into it - I've never felt the need to mess with advertising after my stores are built and set at their equilibrium advertisement level.
Brent Goode

+ / -

Interesting perspective. I am still in full out growth mode, so I can't afford to go above 100% or so in Cap, but in EoS, I am beginning to wonder about the need to go very much higher. I suppose the formula is in that chaotic mess of a thread about formulas.

Either way, I think the curve on reach is amiss.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
I would certainly like to know the sweet spot. I have just been keeping them in the 90+% area. Now I am wondering if I should be running at 150% or more?

You need to register or login to post a reply.