Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Am I the only one that doesn't mind the new stores?

Am I the only one that doesn't mind the new stores?

Previous 1 [2] Next
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
quite funny :

Your market share (Revenue): 99.85%
Your market share (Count): 99.80%

I guess I am alone on this market :p

Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Want to tell us what you are selling? I'll see if I can muscle in on it if you do.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 16
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I have been working a lot lately, so I am kinda phoning it in when I log on. I have to say, things are easier to handle now. I can tell what people are dumping, as those prices are way down. I am also noticing that I am getting a different type of "focus" on what I want to do. Maybe a good thing, I don't know for sure yet, but I am open to it.

A few quick observations with no real thought to them...that doesn't sound right, does it...

-Grim Industrials is gonna get wiped out as a seller of anything. But it will now become what it started out to be, a supplier of industrials to all my other companies.

-The food industries are gonna get hammered relative to what they were.

-We need a "Soda Fountain/Shop" that does ice cream, juices and non-alcoholic beverages.

-Gas stations now look way much like real life. Scary!

-I don't know if unified plots make as much sense as they did to me three days ago.

-I will need the B2B much less than ever before.

I now feel the need for a lot more stores to be a happy camper. This change will make us build more of them to really get into various industries with something other than one-dimensional, single product theories. Of course, there will always be those that just want the easy money, but I want to do more than just bats and balls in my sports store, so I need more stores. Same with food and Applied Audio is not just a maker of a small handful of electronics, but a burgeoning manufacturer of appliances as well. (Possible IPO there, watch ENN's Money Don't Matter on your local channel.)
Jen Çarter
RJ: xoxoJen

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
I'm indifferent about the set up, I haven't been playing for very long so I don't have a wide range of products to sell. However; I have found that I have to click quite a bit more to set up the store shelves. I don't like that its taking more time for me to do this, I thought the objective was to make things simpler?
Jayle Trigger

+ / -

This makes retail way easier for me... less micro to deal with. I can work on in-house stuff AND browse the B2B to pick up cheaper goods to sell for a quicky profit whenever I feel like it. I'm liking it.

EDIT: Kinda wish I didn't sell all my non-core stuff on B2B in anticipation of this...
Brent Goode

Post Rating: 18
+ / -

Jen: Not sure what industry you are in, but I have a hard time believing this is harder. Having to stock 60 items in a single store, and keep an eye on the world pricing, and source the best price/quality ratio for all of them was a pain, even if addictive. And if you have multiple companies and/or industries within a company, every store gave you the same headache. Like it or loathe it, the new system is certainly easier than before for most of us.

My only huge regret at the moment is that I can no longer check world retail prices before going shopping on the B2B. Given the number of trolls out there, it will curtail my B2B buying even more than I originally expected. Nothing worse than buying a product to find that it is priced at 105% of world retail.
Kai Bonafico
RJ: Kai Bonafico
CO: Stark

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
Agree with Brent. I understand that the store UI is still being tweaked, and I really hope showing the world retail price for products is one of the planned additions. Currently, the only way I can figure out how to check is it to buy a small quantity of a product on the B2B, stock it in a store, then see how the price at which I bought it compares to the world retail. It's essentially guesswork on a product-by-product basis, and seems terribly inefficient.

Other than that - chalk me up as someone who's liking the new store system too. I understand the downsides, but I find myself having to spend a lot less time micromanaging the stores.
gabi gabi
RJ: Gabi

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
Yes, the new system is easier, you produce 8 things and your store work at full efficiency. Before you had to fully stock it to have it work at max efficiency

Problem is, now you can produce everything while before you specialized in some things, researched them and used the economy of scale to produce them cheaper en mass, sold them on store and on B2B and bought on B2B all what you do not produce to fill a store

Now you just produce everything you sell on store, no need to produce something to sell on the B2B. If you sell on B2B instead of in store then you are doing it wrong. (i'm speaking about maximum profitability of course)
Brent Goode

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Kai hit it in one on the world price info. Pretty bad oversight on that one. But it does add power to the B2B Bandits.

And this ridiculously sick increase in import prices for the "buying frenzy" hasn't helped that any. I saw prices go B2B jump right up to where the imports were. I had to work today, so I couldn't spend time navigating the "frenzy," so I just basically sat it out, rather than screw myself with lots of leftover goods at 5X normal retail prices, or what the hell ever that was. Pity, really. I am not sure what the "give with the left hand, take with the right" was meant to do, but I think it screwed more people than it helped.
Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

+ / -

Total Posts: 80
I don't mind the stores, but when you add up:

the averaged quality of items with stores that doesn't follow price adjustment

the averaged cost of itmes with stores that doesn't follow the fluctuating production cots

the constant refilling of shelves when a product goes out of stock

the disfunctional copy interface

it becomes a micromanagement mess, even worse than what was before. I hope that more interface fixes are coming.
Brent Goode

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Constantly filling 8 shelves vs 30 is an improvement. Period. And they are "constantly" in need right now due to the "frenzy" spell.

The copy interface now works. Though I have no idea what the paste function is, myself.

I have no idea what you are saying in the first two lines. However, one of the many things I have come to learn about Scott is this: as stubborn as he can be, he is a perfectionist and a workhorse. He will make things work correctly sooner rather than later.
Jayle Trigger

+ / -

So... ummm... let me understand about your complaints with the averages... are you complaining about what other players are selling their products at?
Previous 1 [2] Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.