Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Android Browser

Android Browser

Sean Wright
RJ: Tim Tebow
CO: Tim Tebow

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 16
I cannot play on my Transformer Prime. When I click on the factory, the page popups but it will not allow me to click on the product. It just clicks what is beneath it. Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried several different browsers. Thank you!
John Galt
RJ: John Galt
CO: John Galt

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 23
I've had the same problem on my Droid Bionic, and I was going to report it. Basically, yeah, there seems to be a problem wherein on Android, the pop-ups (store, research, etc) aren't at the top of the z-order. So, if there is nothing in the main screen with the same clickable coordinates, you can click it in the popup, but if there's anything in the main portion of the screen that shares x/y coordinates (like a factory or research facility underneath the pop-up), you end up clicking that.

This is a shame, because it means I can really only use my phone to check in on things. Actual modifications (starting research, changing prices, etc) is very unreliable and depends entirely on where the thing I need to click is on the screen compared to portions of the main UI.
Billy Vierra
RJ: Saffrian
CO: Billy Vierra

+ / -

Total Posts: 84
Yea I have the same issue as well, I would like to see a text interface for phones :)
David Rickmann
RJ: Dave!
CO: Dave!

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
There is a complicated and annoying workaround, for emergencies. You can zoom in really close, click on your factory and then the products page will open further down the window, you can then zoom out and scroll down to use it.

It's not a perfect solution, but it does work.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I got this report earlier before, and on doing some googling the people basically just said: Android doesn't do z-index correctly.

So it won't be possible without a making an entirely different UI.
Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

+ / -

Total Posts: 80
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2562206/android-webkit-absolutely-positioned- elements-dont-respect-z-index

found a workaround: if you disable/replace clickable element, the overlayd content will work

btw, it works on forefox mobile, that's another workaround, but firefox is slooooooooooow
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
doesnt work either on WebOs but I guess nobody care :p

You need to register or login to post a reply.