Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Any Hackers Out There?

Any Hackers Out There?

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Try to hack the game or the forum if you can, just let me know if you succeed and I'll give you a nice bonus. (Just don't do stupid things like DDoS, that's not hacking)
Dani Jonker
RJ: Darkdani51
CO: darkdani51

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Total Posts: 34
Lol, why would you acutally want to the game or forum by hacked? and then giving them a bonus will think at those hackers: Oh i got a nice bonus, lets do it again! well thats what i will think if i was a hacker. im not a hacker.
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 14
+ / -

Well, let's just say I'm dumb, lazy, AND paranoid.

So I designed the game to check for EVERY single user input, and log anything I think is important :-) So I'm quite confident at the moment that the game itself is highly secure. (For those using wireless connections, you can even log in using https if you are paranoid like I am)

If anyone actually succeeds in finding an exploit, that's one more thing that we can fix now. A loophole we know about now is much better than one still hidden.

As for not being a hacker, you can still find bugs in the game (remember the game is still in beta), and I will reward you equally. (or maybe not, depending on the seriousness of the bugs)
Dani Jonker
RJ: Darkdani51
CO: darkdani51

Post Rating: 14
+ / -

Total Posts: 34
I know this game is in beta, finding bugs in a game like this that has low things to do would be moderate.
Garry Hurst
RJ: jackosbournelookalike
CO: jackosbournelookalike

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Excellent Idea Scott, and there are more sites then this one with open invitation to be hacked. however if need be I can direct via a private p.m. a group of people who can definitely help.
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 12
+ / -

Sure thing, feel free to do that and thanks!

I once listened to some computing security 101 course and found out they are called "penetration testers"

Oh, and if any of them actually shows up, please remind them I have a neat little thing called player avatar uploader in settings. It should be safe from GIFAR and the sort, but then I'm not an expert in that area.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
The line between proof-of-concept and outright fuckery is not a particularly thin or fuzzy one, fwiw.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Strangely whoever made the bot ran it for 4 hours to do all its junk posts. Then another 4 or 5 hours to do the voting.
gabi gabi
RJ: Gabi

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
I don't know what happened but i suggest to remove the karma system, it's just fail. Why a message should not be displayed cause some people don't like it? Why someone should not be able to post cause someone don't like him? There is a BIG differences between posting things people don't like (like a thread about nerfing an overpowered item, of course who produce and sell it will dislike and down vote that guy as hell) and breaking the forum rules.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Yea penetration testers usually dont nuke the system theyre pentrating.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

The 1st hacker award goes to Josh R. for reporting the possibility for CSRF attacks.
(I'll still have to figure out his in-game name)
Roland Burke
RJ: Roland
CO: Roland Burke

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
Well, I've tested it for this http://xkcd.com/327/ and my hacking abilities are now exhausted.

You need to register or login to post a reply.