Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Best items to sell in your store

Best items to sell in your store

Day Trader
RJ: Day Trader

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1
Just started recently what would be the best stuff I could sell in a store as I get 8 items to chose.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Look on the EoS Pedia for the statistics on the products that your store can sell. Compare the average quality and the average store price with the quality and price of the products you can buy (on import market and on the b2b). Also check the demand met numbers - low demand met means you'll have an easier time selling them. Above 100% demand met slows the sales down quite a bit.

Try to find something that doesn't have 100% demand met where you can buy or import the product at about half the average store price with a similar quality to the average, then price them at double what you paid for them.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 16
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
Ive noticed that even on things (like laptops) that are well above 100% demand still make more money than the dvdplayers that are only like 50% demand. So while it does seem to make a difference you should still shoot for higher priced items. I think demand share is more of a factor when the value of the products are similar. If you are in electronics/appliances there is a lot of unmet demand right now from the store change. Its a good business.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 15
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I agree about the electronics/appliances industry. I am in it. I have to say, however, that it is not the easiest business to start in. It requires lots of intermediate resources, some of which are needed in large numbers. And the key ones are third tier resources, meaning they need already refined resources in order to make an item that is itself only a resource, like integrated circuits. The drain on research alone makes them a lengthy and expensive investment.
That being said, there is money to be made there.

I think the "double your money" rule is valid, but far from the only way to make a nice running profit. I sold, and still sell, items that I don't make more than 30% on. But I turn them over very quickly, and the gross ticket per sale is high. You can sell a thousand of something for a $1/each in an hour, and make 80% margin, or you can sell 50 of something for $500/each in an hour, and make 30% margin. Do the math and figure out which you prefer. It isn't always as cut and dry as "double your cost." In fact, as you peruse the B2B, you will find that getting twice your cost is often impossible, as there are a lot of sellers who want 90% of world retail for their goods anyway.

Another thing to consider is the ability to produce large numbers. Some products don't look like they are profitable until you realize that you can make/grow a gazillion of them and sell them by the truckload/hour. (I don't live by the ticks. They are nasty, ugly things that will suck your blood right out. I automatically convert to hours, which are a mellower companion to my life's activities. Just sayin...)

So, be open to other ways of approaching your problems and choices. The game cannot just be about highest price, highest margin. Where the hell's the fun in that? You are building your fantasy business empire. What would you want to build if you could in RL? Set goals that aren't just about the money numbers, or you won't be here long. You will get bored and be out in a couple of months.
Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

+ / -

Total Posts: 104
start producing textile goods and sell them in your hardware store, this is the best you can do to earn quickly. i'm not familiar with other markets here (apart from sporting goods) but the profit margins in this market are incredible high. let me provide you with an example here: I produce 35Q polyester thread for 1.3$ and sell it for 200$ in my 1700 sq m store with 200% marketing spending. there's no point in selling them in B2B market because demand is so huge.

other goods: nylon, polyester, vinyl. 5000% margins easily, but you need to produce them yourself in at least Q40.

Andrew Naples

+ / -

Apparal seems to be a good business and you can have hardware stores on the side.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
I am also wondering what could be the best strategy to start on the new server..
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Best strategy on the new server is to deal in goods that other players don't deal in... and/or grow faster then your competitors and entrench your market share... then using that as a cash cow to diversify somewhere else.
Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

+ / -

Total Posts: 104
don't wanna steal the thread, but will all our stats be reset as soon as we move to the new server? this perspective does not encourage me to invest my time in the beta....
Andrew Naples

+ / -

Yea everythings gone. The new server is in like a week and a half.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
this server will remain as beta server.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Yea everythings gone. The new server is in like a week and a half.

I remember warning everyone that this day would come when I first got here, and pointing out that getting too invested might not be good for the psyche. Now it seems it is here already, and I also feel very invested in my game at this point. I don't think I can keep up with two servers. I am truly torn on this. I can't imagine how some of you whom have been here longer are feeling about this.

You need to register or login to post a reply.