Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Company Ads » Blank Check for sale on IPO [SOLD]

Blank Check for sale on IPO [SOLD]

John Cook
RJ:
CO: The Monopoly Guy

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 10
It started as a paper company, but spread into furniture and textile to survive a dumping wave initiated a while ago by a company who sought to monopolize the paper industry.

As it stands this company can be dedicated to a single of these three industries, or with land purchase expanded into all three. It's vertical except for electricity and water.

Paper will require expansion of store space. Furniture is the most profitable operation, both in retail and in B2B.

The tech is competitive or higher than market average for most products and it's debt free, so you have plenty of allowed loan to use for expansion/remodeling.

I'm asking slightly under networth value for 51% of shares. If you buy enough to control it I'll sell you the rest of the shares for 1 cent each.
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
May I ask why you are selling this company?
John Cook
RJ:

+ / -

It bores me, lol. I'm currently more interested in Food industries and I want to start a new Food company and get rid of managing Blank Check.

I misunderstood the mechanisms of IPOs badly though, because BusinessTycoon bought it but I didn't get anywhere near the cash I expected. In fact, I don't seem to have got any cash at all.
John Cook
RJ:

+ / -

Basically, I thought the money would go to my personal bank account, but it went into the company, so I ended up without any money and without the company, lol.

So, to do this right, I now assume the procedure is to sell 49% of the shares first, not 51%, then transfer the money out of the company, then sell the remaining 51% of the shares for 1 cent.

I did it the opposite way, selling 51% first.

I feel as if I have just cut my left foot off.
John Cook
RJ:

+ / -

Thanks to BusinessTycoon my left foot has been re-implanted. Somehow he managed to find more billions at the deep bottom of his top hat and I finally got the money I originally intended to.

All ends well that ends well. Sometimes it just takes foot surgery at double the cost.
Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

+ / -

Total Posts: 83
The best way to sell a company if you want to simply get rid of it and get the cash is to sell it to the system. "Sell company" on the main screen of the HQ page.

If you want to go public and sell a major of your shares, or all of your shares, to get cash, so the company still exists but is no longer run by you, then go IPO with minimum shares sold (5% of company), and then sell the rest of shares via posting offer to sell shares to other players. Money from the IPO goes into the company, but money from selling the other 95% of shares AFTER the IPO goes into your personal cash.

You need to register or login to post a reply.