Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Buying real estate and other minor suggestions.

Buying real estate and other minor suggestions.

address unknown
RJ: DropsySufferer

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 32
There would be several choices for real estate both residential and commercial. Most would be extremely expensive and take a long time to see a return on the investment. Also for fun we should able to buy player houses. I suppose you would need to add a third a screen besides factory and research.

Besides that my only other suggestion at moment to change G to B. Yes, I know G is giga or 10^9 which is a billion but by dollar standards billion is the standard.

Reminds if at all possible it would really help to see commas in the quanity lists. So if I'm listing a 1,000,000 that's easy vs 1000000 which leads to errors.

Thanks,
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Agree with the comma's to make it easier to read.

G (billion) and k (thousand) etc is fairly common on the internet tbh.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

+ / -

Total Posts: 130
Yea comma's would be nice.

And really when I think of a G, I'm thinking Grand (thousand)... not Giga.

But yes K is well entrenched as 1,000

Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Houses as luxury/show items would be fun.

More generally, some sort of rental/leasing market could be neat, both as a new market sector (so "Apartment" might be a kind of store that charges rent instead of selling inventory) and as a B2B dynamic where a player can build up factory space not for active use but for providing to lessees at a given daily/weekly rental rate to cover the cost of building maintenance and take a margin on.

I haven't really thought through what the player market for rented real-estate would be, so I'm not sure how this would fit in currently. But startup costs for new facilities are certainly a really significant factor especially for small companies -- if you could lease R&D space for less (on the short term) than the cost of building and maintaining the facility yourself, that might be really attractive. Or paying a small premium to be able to temporarily double your factory space for a given process, etc.

And yeah, agreed on the comma thing.
Random Tester
RJ: Tester
CO: Random Tester

+ / -

Total Posts: 26
So, k M B T Q instead of k M G T P?
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
I love the new comma change btw :D
I no longer have to count the digits of my water and electricity

You need to register or login to post a reply.