Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Caffeine Production

Caffeine Production

Nils Reino
RJ: Roma Riyadh
CO: Dalada

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 4
Currently there is no way to create caffeine except trough having a food processing plant. Despite this caffeine is mainly used in the beverage factory. I think you should at least add the option to make caffeine in that beverage factory.
Nils Reino
RJ: Roma Riyadh
CO: Dalada

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 4
The issue I have with is that it doesn't make sense. Caffeine is mostly used in drinks, why is the production tied into processed food?
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Perhaps the soaking-and-filtering caffeine reclamation systems typically used to separate caffeine from beans at large scale are more at home with the line equipment used at a food processing plant than a beverage factory.

Perhaps someone with deep pockets and a stake in the caffeine industry has arranged the situation just so through industrial positioning and corporate lobbying because it benefits them and to hell with common sense.

Perhaps a wizard did it.
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 167
And, further to all that, a little bit of odd cross-sector stuff makes things more interesting.

I aggressively stock my cafe, primarily with DIY from-scratch products, but there's a few things I don't sell regularly because they're not importable and they touch on a couple additional manufacturing that I just don't want to bootstrap.

And so I'm left with the long-term strategic question of whether to get into those production lines after all, or to try and set up a more costly per-unit wholesale relationship with another company to get a regular stock of the finished products or of the ingredients that I can't make internally, or to just continue to forgo the added store revenue from stocking those items. It's an interesting challenge that emerges from the lack of a straight-and-narrow procession from plantation to factory to store.
Lorenzo Boccaccia
RJ: Mon Opoli
CO: Mon Opoli

+ / -

Total Posts: 80
While we're at ths, can making at the beverage factory makes little sense when compared with other products...
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Yup, you have to ask yourself how fully-integrated you want to be. I bit the bullet, opened a second company, and am running fully 20 different factories and 13 R&D facilities. One of these factories is dedicated to paper cartons, another to roast beef. Two others produce exactly two products each; my favourite is the smelter, where I make aluminum and glass bottles, a wonderful pairing.

Funny you should mention caffeine, one of my R&D facilities is an industrial R&D that researches caffeine and nothing but. If you don't want to do it, you have my sympathy, but it can be done!
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
aye +1 to mister death

i opened a new companies to do things my main company cant

if you want to progress caffeine faster then strike a deal with someone.

e.g. if you buy your coffee beans from me then you can focus all your money on the processing plant instead of your plantation = more caffeine per day through expansion.
I only take human orders (dont b2b unless excess))but i'm pretty confident i can supply your coffee beans withthout breaking a sweat...

You need to register or login to post a reply.