Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Cancel Factory Upgrade

Cancel Factory Upgrade

Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I know it's been said before, but it would be nice to cancel a building upgrade
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
That would be pretty nice.
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

That or be able to pay it down as you go, instead of only being able to pay it all down for one large amount.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: Kris Fallamos
CO: Chloe Blossom

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
I don't think payment plans for building construction would be a good idea. Besides, we kind of have that already with the expanding just a little bit at a time.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

How do you think it would be a bad idea Chris? Give some reasons why. And not really, we don't really kind of already have that. I don't mean a payment plan of any sort. Just the option to pay down XX amount, instead of all or none. Similar to how you can use the slider to select how much you want to sell during a quest, instead of having to sell all of the required goods at once, or none at all.

Right now expanding a little bit a time is not a very good way to expand. The more you expand at once, the larger you can make an expansion. For example, you'd think a 48-hour expansion would be twice as large as a 24-hour expansion. Not so. Economies of Scale takes a large role here. A 48-hour expansion would be a little larger than 2 24-hour expansions. I can spend around $18,000,000 to start a 7 day expansion. Once I start that expansion, I can either wait the 7 days, or pay 1 massive amount of cash (probably $100,000,000 or more at least), to finish the entire expansion at once. First off, if it's a store, that will cut my income by a large amount depending on how many stores you have, maybe even stop all income if you only have 1 store. But anyways. Say I make $20,000,000 a day in profits (not revenue), there's no way I would be able to rush that expansion before it was finished, unless I waited until there was only 1 or 2 days left, and then finished that off. That's great and all. But being able to put 5 or $10,000,000 of that daily income towards that expansion every day would be much better than that $20,000,000 just sitting around at the end of the day getting hit by taxes until that 7 day expansion finishes, so I can wait a couple days to get some more cash once that store re-opens, then start another expansion.

It would allow people how manage to generate large margins to rush construction without having to be absolutely rich to begin with. If you ask me, having "infinite" cash, as in however much you need when you need it, takes the fun out of the game. This is why I don't use cheats in most games like GTA or simcity or anything.
Being able to rapidly pay down expansions would allow growing businessmen who aren't really rich yet to actively compete with mega-corps that are expanding into their market, and immediately finishing their constructions every time.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
Oh, so you mean like a draw schedule where the contractor, the bank, and the person commissioning the construction work out a schedule to make payments on. That would entail that payments were paid at a certain time and at a certain rate that would be negotiated beforehand.

The way I understand it is it is exactly like financing a payment plan for a new car or some other luxury good, save that it is for paying for parts of the construction of your new building one bit at a time at a rate which is either negotiated between you and the construction company or decided upon by the bank if they themselves are involved somehow. I could see that working in "Economies of Scale" if it got implemented.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

I'm not talking about how it would work in real life. I'm just talking strictly as a feature of gameplay. How it could be realistic is a different story.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
The updated version already allows "hurrying just a little".

I'm just waiting for a reply from the hosting company to see if they can move ratjoy.com to a shared server with PHP 5.4, or if I should just get a shared account on rackspace or hostgator for testing purposes...
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Sweet. Got any ETA on the update now?

You need to register or login to post a reply.