Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » couple of questions

couple of questions

dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 55
1. i see talks about export market, where can i find what are the export prices?

2. where can i find what is the world quality of an item?

Jurry Hart
RJ: jurry
CO: Jurre

+ / -

Total Posts: 78
1) B2B MarketPlace (button with the 2 screens), then in the B"B Market screen you'll find export in the last 3 buttons on the right the one with EXP

2) The average world quality you'll be able to see them in the statistics section of the EOS-Pedia (rightmost button he one with the books)
dan bra
CO:

+ / -

thanks!
dan bra
CO:

+ / -

sorry another one:
im trying to sell a product in the store, and it has quality that is bellow the average.
so i set the price on the "manufacturer suggested retail price" (that is considerally lower than the average price but is about 2.5 times the wholesale price) and it didnt sell, so i set the price on about 80% of that suggested price and left it over night and it didnt sell a thing either, what am i doing wrong?

p.s. more info:
demand met: 55%, store efficiency: 65%
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I'm not expert and I don't really know how the mechanics work, but I have experienced that it can be very difficult for a new player to jump into a saturated market (such as one with 55% demand met) and get those products moving. I believe there was developer talk about this being incorporated with Company Fame to make this easier, but I'm not sure.

What you want to look at in your situation I believe would be your current market share for that item. That is how much you sell, compared to the % of demand met. The higher your market share the more you are selling. To increase market share you can increase the size of your store, increase advertising (a temporary size increase that degrades over time), or increase the items quality. Doing these things will result in more items being sold, in turn increasing your market share and revenue.

You could also increase store efficiency, but as you have 65% that leads me to believe you only have 1 item listed on the shelves. Store efficiency is basically "selling power" divided by the number of items on your shelves. So if you have 1 item, that 1 item will have all 65% selling power. If you have 2 items, the efficiency (selling power) would be 70% divided between the two, meaning each item would have 35% selling power.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
What are you selling? Unless you are selling luxury yachts or aircraft or something of that ilk, you should see some kind of movement over a full night. Even with the ultra ticket items, you should sell something every day.

I believe the formula was 2% per point of QA difference was the adjustment to price above or below the average price. So, if you were 20 points below the world average QA, you would price 40% below the average world price to keep up. It is in that ballpark, anyway. The actual formula is listed in the formula threads on the forum. There is also considerable discussion of it on various threads. If you go back and look you will find it all.

For what it is worth, if you set a higher price than the market, even by a somewhat considerable amount, you will still sell product, just not as fast. When you set your prices in the shelf screen of the store, you will see a number pop up on how many dollars worth you can expect to sell per tick. If you play with the price, you will see that number change accordingly. It is a handy tool. Use it.
dan bra
CO:

+ / -

it was cars... big mistake.. i did saw that it has above 50% demand met and i thought it meant good i didnt thought it was considered "saturated" until paul told it and i went and look at other product statistics and realized its one of the highest.
by the quality formula i should not have been able to sell anything because the difference is higher than 50 quality... the money "expected" thing in the store had some numbers showing only if i droped the price to about 2K (where the car building price is 14K$)... anyway ihv sold anything car-related since now im trying something easier hope it will work !
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I run a fruit company I operate purely through B2B (haven't even built a single store...) and I try to post as many types of fruit as a can so that's always an option. All my fruit should sell for 3x the B2B cost at MSRP in a store, of course if you're processing the fruit into something else the return should be even greater. I purchase my own fruit at full price off B2B to be processed by another company, I don't sell myself fruit for cheaper. So I know for a fact my prices are pretty good. They could be more (considering only 1 person really buys my fruit, and they always buy all of it) but I try to keep prices reasonable incase anyone else wants to jump into the fruit market.

You need to register or login to post a reply.