Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Demand

Demand

Jim Eikner
RJ: Jim Eikner

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 23
How is demand computed in the EoS-pedia statistics? I really don't want to invest a bunch of resources against an unmet demand if it isn't somehow tangible...
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Base value, Factories and stores.

Also effects: Price

Additional small effect: Quality (although that technically ties together with price)

Advertising boosts local demand (store specific).

Formula is around somewhere.
Jim Eikner

+ / -

So there's not actually a crowd of buyers waving fistfuls of dollars in the air demanding product. Theoretical rather than actual...
Jim Eikner

+ / -

I asked because I found several heavily under-served sectors that seemed to be screaming for product. But as a fledgling I have few dollars to invest so I need to be careful about going off on any ill-advised crusades...
Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

+ / -

Total Posts: 104
Me and some other player whose name I don't know have quickly satisfied demand for baseball bats sale in 2 days, from 15% to almost 100%. Right now I almost stopped selling them as the profit margin has decreased severly.
Jim Eikner

+ / -

Well, I've found several complete sectors that are under-serviced, not just an item or two. But the investment will be substantial so I really want to know if the demand is there or not...
Billy Vierra
RJ: Saffrian
CO: Billy Vierra

+ / -

Total Posts: 84
The formula:
Product Demand (cents) = K * Total_Building_size * (1 + 0.02 * Q_avg) * POWER( MAX(1, 3*Product_Base_Value - Product_Avg_Price/10), 0.2);

K = 150.

The problem is this, right now there is the demand. However others will notice this as well, so the demand in a few days may drop dramatically.
Jim Eikner

+ / -

Actually several sectors seemed to have been long ignored, mainly because they are highly complex with numerous supply chains. I just want to be sure there is a chance someone will buy the stuff if I produce it...
Billy Vierra
RJ: Saffrian
CO: Billy Vierra

+ / -

Total Posts: 84
There is always a chance. You also have to realize that if the demand gets met now, over the next week+ it could very easily drop back off as people move on. Right now there is no decay or cap on max items in stock. This means you can stock a few million of it and sell when prices are lower.

As for wanting to know if the demand will still be high when you are ready to sell HQ items, welcome to economy in the real world... People get paid millions a year to guess what demand will be on different items :)
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
@Gamma Alpha, Last few days have seen a major increase in people selling/making sport goods, not just you two :P

You need to register or login to post a reply.