Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Does democracy equal to mass violence here?

Does democracy equal to mass violence here?

Previous [1] 2 3 Next
Svaha Woodhouse
RJ: Svaha
CO:

Post Rating: 11
+ / -

Total Posts: 27
Edit:I apologize for let this thread be like a trolling.
I will/should not reply anymore.
So do everyone.

Why can non-administrator deprive someone of the liberty of rating and speaking?
Even if someone break the forum rule, only the administrator should have the right to disable his rating right or mute him.
If someone(like me) is disliked by others for write some words opposite to their opinions, they may give him negative rating to let him be unable to rate or even speak.
This definitely disobeys justice of democracy and makes the forum system more like populism.

http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/not-being-able-to-cancel-upgrades-is-really -painful/
(edit:you have to manually remove the space after the word "really" or any space between letters to make the link normal)
This thread is where I got muted former time for not breaking any rule of the forum.
What I do was just pointing out the opinions that I'm disagreed and expressd mine.
And what I got? Got Muted!
This forum is for discussing things to make EoS better, not for ingratiating others.
Why should I get muted if people dislike my words?
Why can't I be opposite to others' opinions?

Just today I had been deprived of the right of rating again.
It's foreseeable that after my some more post against others' words, I'll be muted again.
Is that justice?Is that justice?Is that justice?
Svaha Woodhouse
CO:

Post Rating: 10
+ / -

A true democracy allows free speech.
The right I should have is the freedom of rating and speaking(as long as I didn't break any forum rule).
If you use an excuse of the administrator has no time to moderate the forums and ignore my right of liberty, it means you tacitly agree with mass violence.

Spend time to build up my karma?
I am here to play Economies of Scale, not EoS Forum Game.
The time I may choose to speak will only be when I think my words may be important, not when my words may get karma.
If the boss also think the mass violence is correct, those choose not to play EoS Forum Game will always be quiet no matter how many bugs they found or how many disasters may occur.
And you say it's quite common on internet message boards so it's justice?
It's just a hideout of shady things.

If someone says something bad needed to be erased, after over 30(edit:10 now) negative rating it'll be hidden.
Why it is necessary to give the right to everyone to deprive someone of his liberty?

Shame on you for saying out such an excuse for such a shady thing.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

Post Rating: 9
+ / -

Total Posts: 153
You have free speech just we have the right not to listen. Getting voted down is effectively us choosing not to listen.

If you are looking for a place that throwing a bitchfit gets you your way you have come to the wrong place.
Svaha Woodhouse
CO:

Post Rating: 10
+ / -

If you don't like your teacher's words, in democracy can you poison your teacher's throat to let your self need not to hear a word from him?

You have the right not to listen only means when you see my name you can skip my words, not means you have the right to mute me.

Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 167

The question of protection of free speech as a mandate to prevent literal government oppression of citizenry is so wildly out of scale with whether or not the forum for an online game is potentially gameable that bringing it up as if it were otherwise is risible.

If you are here to play EoS, play EoS. There is no liberty at stake.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341

Are you sure that, for example, France isnt a true democracy ?

By the way, a forum is not supposed to be democratic, neither a game.
Svaha Woodhouse
CO:

+ / -

~To Josh Millard
It's not risible at all.
In real world, a businessman can't just play his business and ignore the politics.
Because if the government do something silly like cut the tax of his competitor from other countries all of a sudden without preparing any transition stage for him to think out a way to deal with, he may suffer serious loss or even go bankrupt.
So it will always be important to tell the government what the businessmen are thinking about and vice versa.

If I can only play EoS and ignore any information in the forum, and still can guarantee the boss of EoS won't lead things to a direction I may not want out of correct reasons, I will never enter the forum.
But it's impossible if lack of people's eyes and words, otherwise why should Member of Parliament needs staff officers and companies need consultants?
Does the boss of EoS think he is better than those economics elite and need no advise?

When I seriously started to play EoS, it's destined I have to participate in some threads in the forum at a certain level.
But that doesn't mean I have to ingratiate others for karma.
And if all the players have to ingratiate each other for karma, it's not healthy game and forum systems at all.
So the liberty of free speech is important.

~To Bob Malone
The definition of liberty is as long as you do not get in the way of others' liberty(normally, it means not breaking the law.), you can do anything you like.
Under this definition, if France do limit people's speech liberty for no good reason, France may not be called as a true democracy.

And, as long as the forum and game server is setting in democracy country, any activity should obey the law in real world.
Virtual world is still defined as an existence thus still is restricted by the real world's law.

Please answer me one question:
If you caught transferring illegal information like how to hack into white house in this forum, can you say "I do those things in the virtual world which belong to no country so should be judged using the no country's law, thus I am not guilty."?
Definitely you can't because the server of the forum is existed in an democracy country, so you have to obey the law no matter in the forum or in real world.
So, conclusion:The liberty of speech is protected by law no matter in real world or here.
The sentence "a forum is not supposed to be democratic, neither a game." is not correct technically.
As I have stressed on many times with different words, virtual world can not be a shelter of crime.
What you get used to is something illegal.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 5
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
"And, as long as the forum and game server is setting in democracy country, any activity should obey the law in real world."

Its pretty explicitly not. RJ is the dictator of the country the game is based in. :p

Also these are private servers and anyone can be banned for any reason. Thats why in real life you can be banned from bars, be kicked out of houses. The bill of rights has little to do with what people do on private property. They are proscriptions against government action.
Bruce Wayne
RJ: Bruce Wayne
CO: Bruce Wayne

Post Rating: 7
+ / -

Total Posts: 37
I agreed with you at first until this thread turned into a very bizarre rant about "democracy" and "liberty" on an internet forum which explicitly does not offer those rights.

RJ owns the code to this game, its copyright and he pays for a server to host it. There is no "democracy", he can do whatever he wants on his site period. I think there are much bigger issues for him to worry about right now than the forum.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
Under this definition, if France do limit people's speech liberty for no good reason, France may not be called as a true democracy.

Any racist speech is strictly forbidden by law for example. Other example, if you say that Shoah didnt exist, you are prosecuted.
I think these are good reasons, but there are democratic countries where speech freedom is total.

But this is offtopic, an internet game is not supposed to be democratic, and your speech freedom in any forum is always more or less limited.
Svaha Woodhouse
CO:

Post Rating: 11
+ / -

A bar do can kicked someone out, but if it's for no good reason(such as racial discrimination) or not by the owner without the agreement from him, it's illegal.
The boss owns the RJ doesn't mean he can do any thing he want, he is still restricted by the local laws concerned to business.

And because the forum's karma system is choosed by the boss, if it's abused, the boss will also need to be responsible for this.
If someone is muted out of discrimination of his legal speech by those non-administrator, the boss may break the law for it.
And even if he write some words in the EULA(edit:ToS) which everyone agreed when login, as long as it conflicts with constitution it has no effect.

Racist speech may cause those colored people's liberty get deprived of, so the retrisction of racist speech is not break the definition of liberty.

The limit of speech in any forum can not break the law, so mostly the rules of a forum is just for keep order.

If I got muted for no good reason and the action of muting me is definitely a mass violence, it's illegal.

~To David Archer
If your karma is less than 5, you can't vote.
If equal to 0 or less, you are muted.

As you can easily give me 50 of the karma, it'll be easy to dekarma to 0 to those newbie who only have 10 at the beginning.
So it's easy to abuse the karma system.
Bruce Wayne
RJ: Bruce Wayne
CO: Bruce Wayne

+ / -

Total Posts: 37
I upvoted you as people deserve chances. Please write something sensible if you are going to keep posting about this. I'd suggest dropping it and apologizing.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
Appeasers!
Svaha Woodhouse
CO:

+ / -

You think I use the word improper because you miss to see before the word "violence" there is a word "mass".

As long as downvote does hurt people's right and liberty, the word "violence" will not be improper.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mass violence is born inside democracy.
It's like a worm inside a huge tree.
At first, it might not be a big deal.
But after several dozens(or hundreds) of years past, the huge tree named democracy will fall down cause the mass violence has replaced its spirit.
Michael Tsui
RJ: Reisen
CO: Reisen Udongein Inaba

+ / -

Total Posts: 45
Mob Judgment would never be good, if they are not preceded by careful deliberation and independent thought.

Community policing against spams based on elected, freely recall-able officers seems to be a saner choice.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
What are you babbling about? All true Econosians know that we do not need whatever this freedom and democracy you are going on and on about.
Previous [1] 2 3 Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.