Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Electricity price

Electricity price

Karim Shibl
RJ: karim shibl
CO: hamdy

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 62
There's just one company selling Electricity at b2b market and it's really expensive (4$ each). Why Electricity isn't imported?
Is there anyway to get it cheaper?
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Somebody is gouging people on electricity. You can make it cheaper yourself, but you need to build a power plant (for $100k). Then you need coal or natural gas, which you can buy from other players or make yourself. The natural gas on the market costs $5 a unit, but each unit makes 12.5 units of electricity for a marginal cost of 41 cents per unit of electricity.

Or, you can make your own natural gas or coal. To do this, you need two more buildings (and another $301k). The prospector R&D building costs $200k and then researching natural gas or coal costs another $1000. Then you need a well (natural gas) or mine (coal) for another $100k, and you're ready to go! I went with natural gas for two reasons. First, the well can also be used to produce water, which you need a lot of; and second, electricity from natural gas costs less per unit (about 5.25 cents versus about 7.8 cents). Either way, don't pay $4 per unit for your electricity, it's a total ripoff.
Karim Shibl

+ / -

Thanks very much M.D . I thought of doing that before but don't know what made me stop.
I will take your advice.
thnx
Mister Death

+ / -

You're welcome. I'm still getting my power station up and running but soon I hope to have electricity and natural gas to sell at reasonable prices.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
Expect to see more reasonably priced stuff up in a day or two, it's just I'm using up to 20 million units a day and kinda emptied what was for sale :P
Mister Death

+ / -

I have now a small electricity surplus. I have placed it on the market for a ridiculously high price (over 800% markup), and it's still 8 times cheaper than the other guy's.
Karim Shibl

+ / -

I'm now producing my own. That's very easy and great. I'm willing to sell it at 0.50 or 0.45 each.
Mister Death

+ / -

Okay Karim, if you're just going to buy my cheap power and flip it with a markup, I'm taking my toys home and you can't play with them.

EDIT: Never mind. I thought I put a second batch of electricity out there but I didn't. Sorry.
Karim Shibl

+ / -

okay np
Roald Adriaansen

Post Rating: 14
+ / -

Drastically increasing my power plant now to supply you all with electricity at good pricing :)

(well and myself :P)

Well, my friend is about to start using 2+ million electricity per hour.. so err expect shortage to last :P
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
After a slight miscalculation, I will now be making more electricity than I can use myself. In fact I think I am overproducing soo much that I can power the entire world. Now because I am such a nice guy *cough* I will be selling the electricity for a very reasonable price of $0.16 and I will challenging you to make me run out! Good luck and I should have a batch for the market by tomorrow. (Actually, by my rate of production, much much sooner)

-By the way, I apologize to those who wanted to make money off electricity that I will be flooding it with cheap electricity.
Roald Adriaansen

+ / -

The challenge is on! :D

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I love how you guys are taking care of the B2B "charity work", so I can forget about that part and focus on other things like coding.

Also apparently there is obviously a problem with electricity, as for a 100 m^2 power plant, you will actually need a 400 m^2 mine or well to keep up with the production of coal or natural gas.

I will change the formulas a bit to make things work.
Roald Adriaansen

+ / -

Player market is always more fun to engage in, computers you can predict, humans.. a little bit harder ;)

Yeah, the electricity could use a little tweaking now :D

Edit: ah I see you already did :D
Balo Fingo
RJ: arzu

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
soon i will be supplying u all with electricity @ 0.11. your'e gona love me

You need to register or login to post a reply.