Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Eliminating Junk Companies

Eliminating Junk Companies

Jack Park
RJ: Jack Park
CO: Cicero

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 19
So while I was browesing the stockmarket I have noticed that there are many companies with <b>NO<b/> assets to speak of what so ever. I propose a simple solution. A company with little or no assets, should be eliminated. This will help clean up the stockmarket in the wake of numerous recent frauds. The stocks held by anyone in these comapnies should just be liquidated at current market prices, as they are worthless already and those who own them wouldn't be able to make any more money off of it.

Also the money coming from the sale of any remaning stocks at market prices should be given out independent of any lawsuits or criminal investigations, because the vvalue of the stock would already have been greatly reduced by the point a company is liquidated and taken off the market.

Lastly the company should simply be sold and the money given to the investors at a percentage of the stock they owned.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I like this.
You can't even get listed on exchanges in the RW without minimum assets and annual revenue numbers.
Jack Park

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Yeah and if you liguidated the company, which is essentially what many of the fraudsters are doing, then it would be taken off the exchange. So if this is how it is done in the RW, why not here? It's not like we need to invent new anti-fraud meseures, Real World governments have already invented them for us, we just need to copy paste a few into the game.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
The main problem is that you can dump money into a company, borrow 50% on top of that, then transfer all of that money to another company and do it again. Loans should be calculated on the company's net worth without cash, and done at the time of the loan - not based on the last assessment.

It could tally up the value of all your buildings and your research - and use that number for your maximum loan. This change by itself would solve the exploit. A bank wouldn't loan a company that has tons of money and no income or assets or business plan anyway.

This way loans would be used for their intended purpose - getting extra money to expand factories, buy stock to sell in your stores, or fund research in your research buildings.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
They will be eliminated after I add a debt collector function to place their loans on the players. But then again, repeatedly transferring $ over the B2B from public companies is outright cheating and deserves a hefty jail sentence.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
"But then again, repeatedly transferring $ over the B2B from public companies is outright cheating and deserves a hefty jail sentence."

Woohoo! Ratan Joyce for president! Oh...wait...right...
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Do you add a hefty fine to that jail sentence?
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

+ / -

Total Posts: 114
They will be eliminated after I add a debt collector function to place their loans on the players.
do not quite understand what this means. but ain't public company limited liability, which make shareholders not liable to debt incurred by the company, only their share price will plunge.
Jack Park

+ / -

True, but what I think he means is that the loans will be placed on the players who commited fraud. If you were ligitimatly failing as a company then your player would not inherit the debt.

You need to register or login to post a reply.