Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Executive Compensation

Executive Compensation

Jonathan Boyd
RJ: Professor Zephyr

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1
My company refuses to pay me saying it either does not have enough money or is without leadership. My company doesn't have a lot in the way of cash, but it is double my other expenses, more than enough to cover the 20,000 I initially set my wages to. Could someone explain what is going on to the new guy?
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 183
If you have a loan, it will only pay executive compensation if your total cash is greater than the loan. So you can't really pay salaries with loans, unless you have more cash than the loan laying about all the time (which defeats the purpose of the loan, heh).

It's a catch meant to keep people from exploiting loans. I think a few people were taking out max loans on public companies and paying themselves huge salaries until the company was way in the hole, then dumping the stock.
Anna Banana
RJ: Sue MacLean
CO: Sue MacLean

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
Even without exploiting loans, doesn't this kind of negate monitoring the B2B for transactions that are unusually high or low? I haven't played with it yet, but are there salary caps?
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I don't see how it negates anything. Rather, it is another support system against cheating.

I think the important thing here for newbies (I have been playing only a month, and feel like a geezer already) is that you need to pay off that freaking loan. Even a little bit each day adds up to saving you money. As far as paying yourself, you can always do a reverse payout in the settings tab by putting a minus sign in front of the cash transfer you are making. Ultimately, if you are still working on your first loan, you don't need a paycheck, but a solid financial adviser. Pay off the loan and upgrade your stores.

I remain available by igm if you need ideas on how to move forward. Like I said, I have been here barely a month and I just started my fourth company today and have a net worth of 250 mio. This isn't that hard. You just need to stay clear of the clutter early on.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
I got most of my money by working for people (ive been playing about a week). See if there are any manager jobs open?
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
About pay off loan, if you can use the cash to invest in increasing your ability to generate income then it is probably a bad idea to pay off the loan. The interest rate is only 1% per day.

The only time when you want to pay off loan is if you have more money than you can spend in increasing your income. You have enough stock in your stores for over 48 hours. Your market share is high enough and the products are over 100% supply/demand. Your buildings that still worth upgrading are all in process of upgrading. You have queued up plenty of research for the next 48 hours. Then if you still have spare cash, you pay off your loan.

You need to register or login to post a reply.