Karl Demeulemeester
RJ:
CO: Brainiac

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 10
Hi,

Just started the game. Some questions.
1) Why can I expand shops, but not my factories?
2) My next piece of land costs 8M - a new company costs 10M... If I would go for a new company, do I only get one piece of land, or do I get the same amount of land of when I started ... Is it generally recommended to keep buying land in the same company, or do I need multiple companies
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
I'm a pretty new player, but I'll try to answer, based upon my experience in playing the game.

1) I believe I cannot expand any building if it is in use. Perhaps your factories were in use when you tried to expand?

2) The first 6 or 8 plots of land cost only $1 to $3 million, if memory serves. Once you begin buying beyond 8 plots of land (or so), the game obviously discourages a player from doing that, as each new plot of land starts to cost $25 million (or whatever exact amount), then $45, and then $67, and so on.

So, yes, the game clearly encourages players to use about 10 or fewer buildings, and to start new companies if they want to build more than that.

That said, that doesn't mean a player cannot build on a very expensive piece of land. It'll just take far longer to recover the investment from sales of a product or the research that building does.
Shin Lin
RJ: Shin
CO: Sheereen

+ / -

Total Posts: 17
Try to make your first company earn a lot of money and sustainable, then decide another company. The second and succeeding new companies will start with 0 cash and 0 networth, hence, you need a lot of cash from your first company for them to grow
Hakim al-Malik
RJ: Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz
CO: Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
The first several plots are really cheap, only $100. Then the cost of each subsequent plot goes up geometrically (1^3 x $1,000,000 = $1MM, 2^3 = $8MM, 3^3 = $27MM, 4^3 = $64MM etc.)
Karl Demeulemeester
RJ:
CO: Brainiac

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
Question 1 : yes, the buildings were in use, so that was the reason

Question 2 : The cost of land grows with the above formula... suppose my next piece of land costs 8M, and a new company costs 10M... If I go for the new company, does it have no land at all, and does the next piece of land cost 8M as well, or does it have free lots of land? It is unclear what happens if I set up the new company until I tried it, but then my money is gone... Hence the question

Thanks for the answers so far
Hakim al-Malik
RJ: Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz
CO: Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
When you start a new company I don't recall if or how many lots you get, but the first few lots you buy in the new company are only $100 each, so you'll get more lots for less with a new co.
Jurry Hart
RJ: jurry
CO: Jurre

+ / -

Total Posts: 78
When you start a new company the new company strats out with the standard amount of lots 8.
But the comany has 0 cash as Shin Lin said, so you must take in account the money needed to start the contruction and the 0.5% of transfer fee to transfer cash into the company. In case you have not enuogh cash in your personal account you'll need to transfer it out of your other company with an additional 0.5% fee.

You need to register or login to post a reply.