Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Explosive Networth Increase

Explosive Networth Increase

Shin Lin
RJ: Shin
CO: Sheereen

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 17
I find some companies had their networth increased by 50~200 percent from the previous day, especially they already reach 30 Billion+. Why is it so fast? Meanwhile, my networth increases slowly but consistently over a period of time.
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
They're exploiting.
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
When you have a new very high research on some item (e.g. 115), your networth can jump a large amount.
Arlene Breh
RJ: Arlene
CO: Tom

+ / -

Total Posts: 15
If you sell a share of stock for $1.00 and put in a request for that share at $9,000,000 the system will treat every share as worth the last traded price, so if you have say, 10 shares at $1.00 it can go from a total value of $10.00 to a total value of $90,000,000.

Take that out to the player level and someone can easily increase their networth by hundreds of throsads of times with no real change in anything other than their rank on the highest NW players.

It's definitely exploiting but I don't see any real value in it. I did/do it and never saw any benefit.
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

If that's true, I suppose there is one possible benefit to doing that. Increase your net worth that way and then take out a huge loan, since the amount you can borrow is dependent on net worth. Then spend the borrowed money buying goods at outrageous prices from your privately held company. Don't know if that would work, and I'm not really interested in trying it, since I'm not interested in exploiting.
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Now that I've thought about it a little, that won't work, because the price of the shares affects the networth of the player, not of the company.
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Also, if a company has a sudden huge networth increase, it's not certain that it's because of exploiting. My one sentence comment earlier wasn't totally fair.

For example, on the test server, I have just had 9 supermarkets get built, which caused my income to jump from around 500k a tick to over 4 million a tick in one day. Such a big jump will no doubt result in a sudden big increase in net worth.
Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

+ / -

Total Posts: 83
One thing that I have noticed is when I save up cash, and then expand all my buildings at the same time, there is no change in networth (or maybe it actually goes down due to building expansion expense). But, when those buildings all finish at the same time, net worth jumps up all at once due to the newly expanded buildings being worth more. If you were to put a lot of cash into a new company, and then expand all buildings at once to get up to a size that is useful, the increase after one week would appear to be a huge jump.

The same thing is true of high level research. It has no value until the research is done, and it might take a day or more to finish, but then you get a big jump in net worth.
Henry King

+ / -

Super Market Co is a good example of a small company with explosive growth. The company in one week has gone from a net worth of 250 million to nearly 1 billion, which is almost a four time increase in net worth. There has been no exploit, but the company has expanded 16 supermarkets by 1200 sq m in size, more than doubling selling space, during the past week, which is a huge increase for a small company.

Another example of a company with explosive growth, and no exploits, is my company BT Sporting Goods. The company is expanding all factories and research centers, and doing a little bit of research and a tiny bit of production when some products are needed by my main company. The cash for expanding is being put into the company from my other businesses, which are actively producing and selling. The company increased in value from 11 billion to 21 billion in two days, which is pretty extreme growth, but that is because all the buildings finished expanding at the same time, and then cash was also put into the company to do more building expansions and to do some research at the same time. The increase in net worth is more than the cash spent on expansions, but you don't see the jump in value until the buildings finish expanding, which happens at the same time for 22 buildings in that company.

Explosive growth but no exploit. Growth was funded from other companies that are already stable and producing nice cash flows to be able to fund the growth in this new company.
Henry King

+ / -

Another example that I know of that had explosive growth is Stormhammer GEMs, which increased in net worth from 3 Trillion to 5 Trillion over a period of a few days. That company was fortunate enough to have five quests for high level research in one day, which required a huge amount of cash investment, but they payoff was also very large. Doing very high level research increases net worth by much more than the actual cost of the research.

I know what happened in Stormhammer GEMS because I am the GEM Dragon (Manager) of that firm.
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

On both servers, I hit personal net worth of 1 billion on exactly the same day, on August 1st. On the test server, I'm now worth 5 billion. That's a 5 times increase in a little over 2 weeks. I did it by selling products that hardly anyone else is selling.

I'm not trying to brag; I'm sure many people do even better. I'm just showing how it can happen that you can have explosive growth legitimately in this game if you have lots of stores and not much competition. I used to think there was lots of exploiting going on in this game; but now I suspect that most people playing don't exploit much, though I have seen some evidence of it here and there.
Henry King

+ / -

I found another way to have explosive growth in a short period of time for a company that is perfectly legitimate to do. If your company is production based (not stores), you can set all factories to make a product like steel or iron ore, and set production to run for 168 hours. When you start up the factories, and buy the input resources, the impact on your company net worth is negative, because you are spending money on starting the factories or farms or mines. For the next week, if you do nothing, your net worth will go down a little bit each day due to cost of salaries and other daily expenses. But, in 168 hours, when production from the mines or factories or farms finishes, then boom, your net worth goes up a lot because those products you made get valued immediately at full retail value as soon as the day clicks over after you have finished your production.

When a product uses a lot of inputs (like steel in a smelter or halite in a mine), then the negative hit initially is significant, and when production finishes, you can have a huge boom in net worth. This is not too big a deal for huge companies with a lot of research that drives up net worth, but for a smaller company, especially if they have a lot of debt, where the value of inputs and production outputs matters a lot for company total net worth, the change in net worth can appear to be extremely high, simply because they have a lot of factories or farms or mines finishing up production at the same time.

You need to register or login to post a reply.