Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Export companies too aggressive

Export companies too aggressive

Adam Smithsonfordman
RJ: Jake

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 2
I'm running a mining company, trying to get a B2B market going, but everything is purchased by the export companies.

I understand the point of the export companies is probably to allow the early players to sell stuff and make money. But I think their prices are too good - there's barely a mineral market because it's so much cheaper to make them yourself, but so expensive to buy on the B2B because the export prices are so high.

The minerals I make are around 1/3rd to 1/2th the cost of the export, and I'd like to sell them to my fellow players at a good markup to get the other industries going. But the Eosian companies buy everything, so any higher level industries can't depend on the B2B market for minerals, I feel.

Tl;dr - nerf export companies to be much lower.
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 132
As my primary company sells minerals for quite a while I have had been putting up minerals on the b2b market for quite a while and I can say even though the prices are 'high' they are still bought. You must remember that minerals cannot be sold in the store and you can make a lot of profit from selling goods in store.
An example. Average Gold (bar) price in stores is $4.58k
The cost of my Gold Ore is $600, 100 Electricity is $10 and base cost is $80 before EoS takes into affect. So it comes up to a total cost of $690 and results in a profit of nearly $4000.
Adam Smithsonfordman
RJ: Jake

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Gold ore export price is currently 316.79. My quality is currently 3, so we'll just say it's 325.

Gold ore's going rate for low-quality on the market is 350.

So I make 25$ per piece of ore by waiting some number of days for a player to buy it. Or, I can instantly sell it at 94% of market value. It's almost never in my best interests to let it languish on the market.

On top of that, my costs per gold ore are around $120, if the warehouse is to be believed. So I could comfortably sell it around $240, maybe as low as $180. But it's just instantly gobbled up by the infinite maw of Eosians Handelskompanie.

What this means is that any new player who wants to get into any industry requiring gold has a very tough time without his own mining company. You can't import gold ore. It's fairly expensive to a new player (who doesn't happen to sign in the day before randomly getting 10e6$). And the only reason is that the price is artificially inflated because Germany apparently loves its gold.

The best part is that if I do put everything on the B2B market to get that extra 6%, the export costs will eventually go UP to take over my gold sell price.

Look at electricity and water. The market is flooded (and electrified) constantly, keeping the prices low and usable, but still at reasonable margins (80%-1000%). Obviously it helps that every user needs electricity and water, but you also see very few companies building their own utility industry because the prices are reasonable and quantities are high.

If electricity/water were exportable at $0.15, there would be a huge increase in market friction because that increases the effective price of every good made by a player. So new players get screwed with high market prices and older/expert players just have their own plants.

Basically, the issue is the same with minerals - it increases the barrier to entry by having Germany vacuum the resources out of the economy. It makes the game much easier as a single player since you can just mine bauxite to your heart's content, but it is worse for the economy.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Point taken. The problem was caused by the recent change to making mass production more efficient, and in doing so lowered the cost to near 50% of original costs. Updates have been made in the database to cut export price by half at the next import/export renewal.
Control Volume
RJ: ControlVolume
CO: Control Volume

+ / -

Total Posts: 43
You should keep the starter fruit prices sort of high though since a lot of new guys need the export sources of cash.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
More government intervention? Why not? :-)

You need to register or login to post a reply.