Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Features and Contest (Ended)

Features and Contest (Ended)

Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Dear CEOs,

I've been reading all of your suggestions, and since my goal is to make the game as complicated as possible (while maintaining clean code and efficiency), it'll be very rare for me to actually turn down any request.

Only problem is there's a hidden list maintained on my hard drive that basically tells me which part I should code/change next, and currently the top of the list looks like this:
  1. Extend player title system (Owner, CEO, President) based on stock control at daily updates

2. Change player fame calculations

3. Mechanism to kill zombie companies

4. Ability to start 2nd companies, and switch between one and another

5. Extend company stats to include $$$ owed (loan, dividend, CEO pay, etc.)

6. Dividend/CEO pay system

7. Job market - for hiring others to do your work (Hope I'm not being too selfish here)

8. Finer stock charts and all stocks list

9. Chart on RJ Index, and a SEC committee to vote on which stocks will go into the RJ Index

Generally I'll take care of all coding issues, but on #3 I'd love to use your contributions. In fact it began with Garry's cold and evil response: "... your company was burnt to the ground by an electrical fire, and insurance sent you a check..."

Here's the contest:

Below are some sample messages I have written, please follow the format and submit your lines by replying to this post. Try to surprises me with your wisdom, creativity, or sheer evilness, and you will see your lines used in-game.
I will declare the winners on this weekend and give out a small influence reward (+1000 for 1st place, +500 for 2nd, +250 for 3rd, or +10 for participation).

Samples:
<$company name> burned down in an electrical fire.
There was a serious electrical fire, the good news is no one was killed or seriously injured. The bad news is all buildings belonging to <$company_name> were burned down to the ground.

<$company name> swept by a tornado.
A tornado in Econosia has destroyed all factories, stores, and research buildings belonging to <$company_name>.

<$company name> flooded.
All factories, stores, and research buildings belonging to <$company_name> have been destroyed by a flood.

<$company name> eaten by termites.
After a period of negligence, a factory belonging to <$company_name> has collapsed while operating, resulting in many injured worker. A further study revealed other buildings to be structurally unsafe as well due to prolonged termite infestation. Employees fear for their safety and have abandoned the company.

Nuclear meltdown near <$company name>.
Some idiots were secretly building a nuclear power plant near <$company_name>, but have instead caused a nuclear meltdown. Everyone has fled the area.

<$company name> struck by a meteor.
Nobody saw it coming, a comet suddenly changed its direction as it passed near Earth's orbit, and fell directly on top of <$company_name>'s headquarters, destroying all buildings the area.
Karim Shibl
RJ: karim shibl
CO: hamdy

+ / -

Total Posts: 62
<$company name> has been destroyed by an unexpected volcano
The inactive volcano near the city suddenly became active and destroyed the whole city including all your factories , stores and research buildings.

Just trying to participate :D
Dani Jonker
RJ: Darkdani51
CO: darkdani51

+ / -

Total Posts: 34
<(Company name)> Snipers
Snipers shot the CEO`s down of most companys
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
<$company name> has been targeted by The Invisible Hand!
Econosia feared criminal organization, The Invisible Hand, has struck again! <$company_name> has been burnt and many workers are being held hostage. The CEO himself is no where to be found.

<$company name> CEO jailed for collaborating with The Invisible Hand!
<$company_name> CEO has been jailed and his company seized after proof arose of his involvement with The Invisible Hand. This is surely a great blow to the heinous organization.

United General Corp. has bombed <$company name>!
The President of United General Corp. today proclaimed that the airstrike on <$company name> was a targeted attempt against the terrorist organization The Invisible Hand. It is believed that the CEO along with a prominent member of The Invisible Hand was killed.

Edit:I was inspired by the following http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_hand
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
<$company name> The earth has opened itself and swallowed all in sight, better hope you have a good insurance!

I'll add more later.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Contest will end tomorrow at 6 P.M. (about 24 hours from now)
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Contest ended.

Here are the winners:
1st: Walter Yorkshire of The Invisible Hand
2nd: Karim Shibi & Roald Aldriaansen (Tied)
3rd: Dani Jonker

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments.