Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Food prices are already down, and now cafes/supermarkets too

Food prices are already down, and now cafes/supermarkets too

Chandler Hill
RJ: Chandler
CO: Chandler

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
I mean food prices are still down after the last world event. The fact that cafes have been cut to 2/5 and supermarkets to 1/5 makes both of those pretty much impossible to break into unless you already have giant stores. They're just not very profitable compared to (now) aircraft brokers, toy stores, jewelers and etc.
D Patrick Michael
RJ: Castun

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 41
Giant stores still wouldn't be quite as profitable, considering you need stores that are 3x as big to have the same income level, and then you're spending over 3x as much on overhead.
Chandler Hill
RJ: Chandler
CO: Chandler

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
I still don't understand why stores with a bigger selection are being punished. They're a pain in the butt to stock. :|
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
food prices are still down after the last event

As a food wholesaler, I burst out loud laughing at that one...yeah, my wholesale bakery prices went all the way down from 20x base to 13x. That meant that my margins went all the way down from five-digits percent to four-digits percent...

With the correction many of my margins are now mid-four-digits percent. Oh no, I'm so unprofitable now, whine whine whine!

Scott made a balance correction about a month ago that apparently nobody remembers any more, because everybody but everybody was making jewellery and aircraft. Now he's making another balance correction because everybody's making food. Deal.

You need to register or login to post a reply.