Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Fufilling Requests

Fufilling Requests

Rob Dog
RJ: Duong
CO: Koni

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 6
When you fulfill a request, you seem to lose a bit.
I was buying petrol at 48, and selling it at 49.2, but when I sold it all, I lost money. I did some experimentation, and I saw that I was losing a bit of it after the sale.
Is this supposed to happen, how much am I losing?
shark laser
RJ: Prince Mubune of Nigeria
CO: Semmi

+ / -

Total Posts: 32
B2B commission, maybe?
Hakim al-Malik
RJ: Dr. Heinz Doofenschmirtz
CO: Hakim al-Malik

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
Yes, there is a 5% commission on B2B sales. So if you bought petrol at 48, you'd have to sell it for 50.53 to break even. If you set the price at 49.2, your net is 46.74 ... you're essentially losing 1.26 for each unit sold.
Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

+ / -

Total Posts: 83
The commission is one of the reasons that it is useful to have a company that is vertically integrated, rather than producing a product in one company you own and selling to another via the B2B market. Players do manage to avoid this fee by selling via B2B requests to a second company they own at 0.01 price, or some other cheap price, but it is still a minor annoyance that needs to be considered when setting up your company or companies.

Selling at a high price between your own businesses might seem like a nice way to move cash, but it does get to be an expensive way to do business when the 5% market fee is considered.

You need to register or login to post a reply.