Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » get paid at least one day?

get paid at least one day?

Chandler Hill
RJ: Chandler
CO: Chandler

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 54
I had a few companies hire me, have me stock their stores and run their companies, then fire me right before the rollover so that they didn't have to pay me. This is dumb, please make it so the employee, if fired, gets paid for that day still. Thanks!
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Why not call out the bad employers? Reputation loss in the community should be a valid consequence.

Though, personally, I'm waiting till I can allot budgets to employees before hiring.
Chandler Hill
RJ: Chandler
CO: Chandler

+ / -

Total Posts: 54
Still, there should be some penalty for firing someone before their contract is up. Or at least get them paid for that day.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
I heard tell of litigation in the process of happening for someone, as a means of getting back-pay.
But yea, its mostly a s/he said thing. Since the employer could claim that the manager is doing a cruddy job and the employee can say they did a good job based on what they think is good.
Both sides could be in the wrong cause their definition of doing a good job is widely different and sometimes, they just don't bother to communicate expectations.

I am still a proponent of player reputation being public. Shoddy employers should not be able to hide their cruddy practices from the public.

Things to consider is using the player ID to call them out, for example, mine is:
http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/player/1362

And I also have this, but it is changeable for free, any time, just like the player name:
http://www.ratjoy.com/eos/player/berrypunch

EDIT: Also, Econosia labor and corporate laws are quite lax... petition the government today for tighter regulations if you'd like... I prefer a laissez faire government myself.
The only regulation I support, as of this time, is stuff against purposefully driving your own companies into the ground and abandoning it for profit.
Odin Lowe
RJ: Odin

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
I agree with the idea that you should receive pay for the day you are fired on. It makes the employment system far more fair.

And from the employer's side even if you hire someone and they do nothing then all you are losing is one days worth of pay for a single employee. If you can't afford a loss like that easily then you shouldn't be hiring employee's in the first place, you should be spending that money on upgrading your buildings and doing research.
Victoria Raverna
RJ: Victoria Raverna
CO: Victoria Raverna

+ / -

Total Posts: 107
I think in addition for the pay for the day, the company need to pay some "break the contract" compensation to fired employee.

So maybe when your hire someone, there is a deposit held by the bank that will be paid to the employee three days after he is fired. If the employment contract end without firing then the money will be returned to the employer. If the employer think the employee doesn't deserve the compensation then they have three days to convince the court about it.
Odin Lowe
RJ: Odin

+ / -

Total Posts: 6
I think just the day should be fine. Companies should be free to fire employees who truly aren't doing enough to earn their pay without having to lose a ton of cash to do it. Although it would be nice if the employment system could be upgraded to allow employers who CHOOSE to do so to offer a pension or something similar :)
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
Thats what happens when you introduce jobs -> lazy staff or great staff.
Only time will tell

+1 to pay for they day (on firing)
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
I guess "contract" is meaningless... why advertise a set number of days? and if not, who would take it?

You need to register or login to post a reply.