Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Idea: Advertising

Idea: Advertising

Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 148
Advertising is an integral part in every single major corporation in the world. My idea would entail building a special building called something like "Marketing Firm." The building would be fairly expensive and generate Fame/Influence every tick. It makes sense that it would generate influence because under the current scenario, influence is used to hire a contractor to complete production of a building. Any contractor in his right mind would take a contract from a large well known company before taking one from an average, unknown company.

Alternately, a player could just allot a certain amount of money to be taken out of the company coffers each tick and that would convert to the positive benefits of advertising.

Just an idea.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Good idea.

I think those buildings can be called:
National Radio Station, National TV Station, National Newspaper Firm

and yes, each of them can generate a fixed amount of programming (influence and fame).
and companies must bid for a portion of the programming.

and to make things fair, I will link any revenue to Scotts Secret Company, and there is no plan to privatize those buildings before I am overthrown.

Speaking of fame, I think it's about time to link fame level to store sales, but I'll put that after the meat on The List.
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
You could even make advertising a tradeable commodity. A radio station produces x amt. of advertising using electricity. You buy the advertising and consume it. So simple, so elegant.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Naa, bidding is more fun :-)

You need to register or login to post a reply.