Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Idea for a player loan system

Idea for a player loan system

Austin Benner
RJ: Austin
CO: Austin Benner

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 5
Hi all, I just wanted to toss an idea out there about a player loan system.

When starting a new company, players could be given an option to take a loan from the EoS bank, or a loan from a player in the game. The loan taken from an in-game player could be negotiated on the amount, the interest, stock options and payment period. This could give new and existing players a more flexible finance option in order to grow their company at an optimum level.

The benefit for current players is that they would able to receive interest on their loans and make additional money from their excess cash. As well, they could potentially obtain stock options from the loan. Essentially, this creates an investor aspect into the game.

So here would be a quick summation
-contract negotiations that would include...
a. amount of loan
b. interest rate
c. payment period
d. stock options

I think this would be a fun and feasible addition to the game that I think would increase interaction amongst players (it is an online game after all). I am welcome to any and all suggestions, feedback, constructive criticism as this is more or less the first draft of my idea. Thank you for your time!
Austin Benner

+ / -

I would also like to clarify that this is different from the stock market as this would be an investment from day 1 rather than getting to a company after a public offering.
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
What if I loan you money and you quit?
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
You lose it -- Risk and reward :)
Heinrich Aufhauser
RJ: Heinrich Aufhauser

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Well if you quit, theoretically the company still has assets and some cash and you'll slowly receive payout, but I do agree with BallC. It adds an element of risk and reward to the game, just like it is in real life.
Huginn penis
RJ: Kou Ichinomiya
CO: Huginn RollbackRequester

+ / -

Total Posts: 31
Sounds like fun, especially for the veterans. There are a lot of people who need more cash and also a lot of people who don't know what to do with it so they spend it on ridiculously priced research. This would add a nice new dimension of play imo.
Jayson Drake Tan
RJ: Ben
CO: Ben

+ / -

Total Posts: 74
I agree, this can be something interesting to play with. decentralized banking lol, though there may be ways to exploit on this (assuming it is implemented). room for improvement but overall, IMO it is a good addition, the question "don't know what to do with the money?" might be answered. haha
Austin Benner

+ / -

Exactly, I think this would be very beneficial, I see the top players in the game have excess cash in the trillions and what not and I'm sure they would like for ways to capitalize on their money.

Also, one thing that I thought of after posting would be the availability of players when they are online. You can't really negotiate terms if a player isn't online and it would not be fair to a new player to not be able to begin playing immediately. So for this I have three suggestions:

1. Players who want to invest can basically set up a predetermined contract. So when a player applies they can click through or see a listing of the different contracts that players offer and pick one suited for them.

2. Or, it can be luck of the draw, whoever is on at the time will have the opportunity to invest.

3. If a player wishes, they can still take the traditional loan from the bank.

Personally, I like the first suggestion and if a player is on they are always welcome to negotiate further.

As Trade Merchant brought up, what if a player quits?
Well, I think that would be again reflective on our world. Venture Capitalists often invest in multiple projects that go under before they find that home run. Yes, you may lose 100 million per 10 projects but, the 1 project that sticks with it is eventually going to add up. So it is up to the investor to talk with the player taking the loan and to see their vision. Again, I think this increases player to player interaction which is beneficial for any online game.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
Private banking has been already suggested months ago.

By the way, is there still any developper on this game ?

You need to register or login to post a reply.