Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » import updates

import updates

Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 20
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Does it really take a full hour for the import markets to recap and recalibrate? I get home from work at about 1am central, and I am shut out of accomplishing anything because it takes a full hour to do its thing. What is it doing, consulting a Commodore-64 for advice?
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
An add on question: Why can you import some things and not others? Same question for exporting.
Jim Eikner
RJ: Jim Eikner

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
Brent, not a clue, sorry. I assume, as a beta, this is not running on the final production hardware.

Andrew, it appears the more processed and removed from a raw state an item is, the more likely it is to be imported and at a reasonable price. The opposite seems true of the export market...
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Oh, it takes maybe 1 minute to do the update, I just assigned a full hour to it so in the start I can manually adjust any problems that come from it.

As for exporting some and not others - I'll probably allow importing/exporting of everything eventually, just don't complain about the prices.
Andrew Naples

+ / -

Thats cool. It would make sense that you only made a minimal profit exporting something. Its kind of a last resort so to speak.
Jim Eikner
RJ: Jim Eikner

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
I think I've only made a profit once exporting something. I look upon it as a way to make your mistakes go away quickly and hopefully recover some small percentage of your investment...
Andrew Naples

+ / -

Quality is a huge factor when exporting something. It becomes profitable around Q10, but minimally so.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
I have always made money on the export market, just not enough to be worth while as a business avenue. As with Jim, I mainly use it as a way to recoup losses, unload excess crap, and quietly ship out the containers with the dead bodies. It occasionally gets in the way when I am trying to move something from one company to another at "wholesale." Lost 200k units of chemicals like that this morning. (Damned the torpedoes!)

You need to register or login to post a reply.