Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Judges / Asset freezing

Judges / Asset freezing

Gail B
RJ: Gail Goose

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 14
With the birth of the litigation sub-forum and juries and such (Good idea, by the way, hope it goes well), I was thinking about how an investigation would take place when a controlling entity of a company could dump its shares and no longer be a controlling entity.

I thought of this: Trusted (By the whim of Ratan) players who have opted to be jury members (and have OKed being this) would be appointed as 'judges' with a limited range of powers, namely the ability to freeze all shares in a company when a suit is opened, and to unfreeze the shares after the suit is closed.

This does require players to be trustworthy, but may mean that when the litigation forum becomes more busy there is significantly less work for Ratan. Ideally judges would also be able to enforce jail time and fines when a jury has found a party to be guilty, but that opens up a set of problems in the event of an untrustworthy judge.

Of course, something like this could already be in the pipline since the litigation forum is early days?
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 93
I believe there is a reason why they are just plain jury people and not judges.

Juries(plural) are who decide if the given player/company is guilty or not. Judge(singular) is the one who decides upon the punishment. As in, leave that to Scott. Until there is more precedence of punishments to work off of... if at least that...

Given the freezing shares? More often then not, the wrong-doer has already sold all their stocks. There is little point in it, other then to ward off potential investors getting in on a sinking ship. Though, they are likely to screw it up worse to get what investment they can get back once they find they own a sinking ship.

Something in place of freezing is putting up a warning that the company is going to court and future investments into the company will be risky.
David Donlon
RJ: Fenious Buttersmith

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 79
That warning idea is a good one.

You need to register or login to post a reply.