Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Large jumps in company net worth

Large jumps in company net worth

Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 128
For the last few months, I've noticed that my company, Hogwaffle I&S, periodically jumps huge amounts in net worth. For example, from 10/25 to 10/26, it went up around $40 trillion in value. In one day.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the quest system. Specifically, getting quests to research a product at a high level, and getting loads and loads of fame for it. Apparently, fame adds to your company's net worth.

I'm sure any old timers left playing already knew about this. I just thought I'd point out a quirk in this game to the others who weren't aware of it.
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Just to give you an idea of how silly this quirk is: Hogwaffle I&S currently has a net worth of $142 trillion. But, taking away the value of it's fame, I would guess it has a real value of only $500 billion. If all you care about is your net worth, actually manufacturing and selling products is a waste of time as that accounts for just a fraction of your net worth when your company gets large enough. Isn't that kind of silly?
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
I never thought fame counted towards net worth. And speaking of fame, I thought originally that all companies produced influence points based upon their fame level. Apparently only the highest fame level of your companies actually produces influence points.
ansi coder
RJ:
CO: Poola Rangadu

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
I thought that player fame level is what generates influence points. Player fame level x 10 per day.

Yes, one of those high level research quests gives a ton of networth. I remember reading some old forum posts on that.
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
Yes, Company fame starts skyrocketing networth at some point. Once you get there, the amount you can sell stuff for insignificant. You just need to make enough money to keep completing quests to increase your companies fame. Right now, 5 of my companies have reached maximum networth this way ($92.2Q)
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

One of my companies just went from less than $1 trillion networth to $84.7 quadrillion networth in a week.
John Smith
RJ: Petri Dish
CO: Johann Smith

+ / -

Total Posts: 42
Out of interest, can you at that point sell the company for that amount? That'd be ridiculous..
Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

I've never actually closed a company, but, yeah, I'm pretty sure you get in cash back whatever it was worth. Sometimes, people with very high networth companies stop playing and their big companies get shut down, leaving them with quadrillions in cash. There's a maximum amount of cash you can have, though; I think it's $184 quadrillion.
b archer
RJ: sloane inc
CO: sloane

+ / -

Total Posts: 21
Slightly of topic what's the time limit for non fuctioning owners to be removed from the game and what happens too there shares if they own any ??
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
Since all their assets get cashed out after a while, I would assume that their shares would get removed as well. I'm not sure if there would be any cash loss to the original owner since it would allow the original share owner to re-list those share for sale again.

You need to register or login to post a reply.