Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Manual?

Manual?

Neofit Neofit
RJ: Neofit

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 1
Hello,

Is there a manual somewhere? Or at least a writeup explaining the concepts? I don't dare click anywhere in this type of games until I at least understand the basics, and here I am completely at a loss.

Apparently I am supposed to earn money by selling things (I am not interested in the stock market nor CEOing atm). I clicked around, checked some forums, but I am getting conflicting information as to how the selling is being done. Do we have the B2B market (whatever "B2B" stands for) to sell to other players, like the Auction House in MMORPGs, then also buy stores to sell to some kind of abstracted NPC market? Or do we create stores, put stuff to sell in them, and they appear in the B2B market for other people to buy them?

At first I thought that it went Stores=>NPCs and B2B=>players, but then I went to check the B2B and saw the second filter button, "filtered by store", which says Stores=>players. The fact that I am seeing the exact same offers for apples when I filter by any kind of store, or from other filters only adds to the confusion. But then I saw the "Sell on Market" button in the warehouse, which means I may be able to sell to players without buying a store, so Stores=>NPCs?

A bit more info in the EoS-Pedia would have been very useful. For instance, I am doing apples and can sell them in a Farmer's Market, Food Court or a Supermarket. I'd like to have a bit more info about them than just the purchase price. Like where does it sell the best? ( and to whom ffs? ;) )

Now, I went to look around the interface and forums as to how to figure out a proper price to sell stuff. I found the Statistics page in the EOS-Pedia. A few tooltips would have been very useful. I am looking at an apple:

Base Value: $0.50 - wha? Sim-Gosplan? ;)

Average Store Price - so it looks like Stores=>Players after all? Is it the average of what people have listed (including the 54 apples at $1M each that I just saw on the B2B), or what was sold during the last day or hour or whatever?

Average Quality - idem: listed or sold?

Units Sold - Last hours, days, years?

Demand - How do you know that people wanted 1.34% more blueberries than they found on the market? Or is it some abstracted value taken from the abstracted market where we sell from Stores=>NPCs, if that's how it works?

Thanks in advance.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Wow... this game needs a manual?

Unfortunately since I made the game, I simply took it for granted that things are obvious - so it'll be quite hard for me to write up a manual. But since you are asking this question you must have a far better idea than I do on what goes in the manual.

So Neofit, can you organize them into a series of 1-line questions so I can answer them properly, and then maybe you can put them into a manual to help others like yourself? Thanks!

But as Zack replied earlier:
Stores -> NPC public
B2B -> Business to Business

and:

Filter by - This is just a different way to get your content presented. Filter by products saleable in a store, filter by products produced from a factory, filter by product category

Base value - Base value of a good, actual value is base value * (1 + 0.02 * quality)

On the Product Stats page in EoS-Pedia:
Average store price - This would be the average sold price from store sales in the past 12 hours. (You can list them as high as you want, but of course it won't be calculated into the stats if it's not sold)
Average quality - Average quality of the product sold in the past 12 hours.
% demand met - Less is better.
Ay Vee
RJ: Ay Vee

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 33
Actually, rather than a manual, or an ever expanding FAQ, is there any chance you could set up a wiki? The players could do the actual filling out of things, and it would be usefull to have a single place to go to find formulas, and easy to change as you tune the game
Bill Gates
RJ: Bill Gates
CO: Bill Gates

+ / -

Total Posts: 19
I'm agreeing with Ay Vee here, if it wasn't for RubenR (he brought me to the game) and the guys in the chat explaining how exactly things worked, I'd still be pretty lost in EoS for a while...
A wiki would be really nice, if you link it in with the normal User DB of EoS, you'll be able to avoid spam, as-well as avoid forcing people to have a second account for the wiki.
It would make it easy for users of EoS to author pages explaining each concept and object of the game in huge detail.

Also, you should really link to the FAQ in the header bar or in the footer, I seriously didn't think we had one until I went to the forums one day...
Tony Wooster
RJ: Johnny Appleseed

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
Three cheers to the Wiki idea. Though getting your footing is part of the fun, you certainly can shoot yourself in the foot while learning.

Edit: On second thought, maybe just a Wikia would do it?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've seen a lot of pages built on wikia, so I decided to give it a try... and wow, there are no content on Wikia's wiki!

I signed up for a wiki there, but on closer looks they don't provide api for "user integration". So I guess that won't work too well.

Do we really need a wiki?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

On doing more research, I believe integration would be possible with MediaWiki.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_table

For now please just stick around with the forum, I'll see if there's any time to work on MW after getting the new server transfer.

You need to register or login to post a reply.