Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Minor Interface Tweaks

Minor Interface Tweaks

Jeff Elliott
RJ: Kara

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Hi there, I just started playing this week, and I'm loving the game!

I thought I'd start a topic as a catch-all for minor interface problems that I've run into that caused me some confusion or consternation until I figured them out, but that are relatively trivial to implement. A lot of this stuff is unimportant once you understand the game, but if you're seeing a lot of new players, this could help ease the learning curve.

For example:
I couldn't find the company balance sheets for the longest time. I thought "They *must* exist, right?" But I tried clicking everything, and no luck. Finally found them on the "Economies of Scale" title, which to my mind was 'outside' the game interface because it was outside the box. Might want to make that easier to find, and more obviously labelled.

Once in the balance sheets, I noticed I was being charged about 2% loan interest. I had heard that loan interest has been increased from 0.2% to 1%, (of course, as soon as I'd taken out a loan -- bloody banks!), but that didn't seem to work either. I finally realized, once I'd done the math with a calculator, that I was paying 2.2% -- meaning that 'loan interest' included the 2% loan origination fee as well as the 0.2% interest. How about naming that line item "Loan costs" instead of the more specific "loan interest"?
D Patrick Michael
RJ: Castun

+ / -

Total Posts: 41
There is a button that takes you to the proper section for the company balance sheet. It's under the 'News' button on the right side of the yellow toolbar where your money is displayed. It takes you to the company's news events first, but then the revenue sheet is right there. I agree that maybe the revenue sheets shouldn't be hidden in the News section though.

It just so happens that clicking the Economies of Scale in the top right of the window also happens to take you to the company's news section.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Thanks for posting, I'll add another button for it.
georges nolan
RJ: Silvertear

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
Would it be possible to add a little notification number on the News button, to tell you how many alerts you have?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
It's possible, I'm just a little reluctant to do it for every page transition.
Jeff Elliott
RJ: Kara

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
I logged in tonight and was delighted to see the new(s) button. Just the thing, thanks!
Derp Aderp
RJ: Bertha Van Ation
CO: Fancy McPants

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
A small search form at the top of the B2B page, so you can quickly search for a product, instead having to go through the A-Z list or Categories (you'd save one mouse click, yay!)
Josh Millard
RJ: Tex Corman
CO: J. Quaff Arabica

+ / -

Total Posts: 167
Yeah, product search form on B2B would be keen. And/or paginating the alphabetical listing by letter instead of page number, like in the EoSpedia.
georges nolan
RJ: Silvertear

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
It's possible, I'm just a little reluctant to do it for every page transition.
In which case, perhaps the News button could simply change appearance if you have 1 or more notification. It could be brighter, or have an exclamation mark on it until you click it.
Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

+ / -

Total Posts: 114
For stores interface how about something like this:

Product(1) Totalquality Sellingquatity Quality Costprice Setprice
Product(2) Totalquality Sellingquatity Quality Costprice Setprice
Product(3) Totalquality Sellingquatity Quality Costprice Setprice
Save button at the end of the page
clicking on the product name to see its statitics

well at least u can set all the product price in 1 page

You need to register or login to post a reply.