Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Money transfer problem

Money transfer problem

Blast Hardcheese
RJ: Blast Hardcheese

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 24
So I have about 192k cash in my company. But when I try to transfer it, it says NaN where the amount would be, and I can't transfer any!
Asmeljir Alkavarion
RJ: Asmeljir al-Kavarion

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
I can't transfer money either, right now. I can transfer it -out- of my account, but not into. Can't buy stocks or anything.
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Total Posts: 108
You can't transfer money out of the company unless the company has cash in excess of its loans.
Blast Hardcheese
RJ: Blast Hardcheese

+ / -

Total Posts: 24
Yes but isn't that just for public companies? Or private too? Because my company is private.
Asmeljir Alkavarion
RJ: Asmeljir al-Kavarion

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Must be for private companies too, since mine's private. "May not be able to transfer money if your company has a loan" wasn't clear enough for me to draw this conclusion. Thanks for the help!
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
The reason is:

Originally I was able to start a huge new company, transfer all funds into it, get an appraisal for immediate networth refresh, take a huge loan, transfer all money out of it.
Start another company, repeat.

and soon I was sitting in oceans of cash.
David Newell
RJ: Vincent Thaster

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
Ah this kinda sucks i was getting loans to buy stocks and selling then using the money to pay off the loans. It was a valid strategy that helped me to build my company. Is there any way we can get personal loans then? I mean it certainly would make sense that you can get personal loans based on your net worth. I know The method I was using could be abused as you pointed out but it does kinda suck to find out a valid strategy is getting messed up due to this.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron Barr

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
Buying stock on margin is certainly a real world strategy, but the rules governing such accounts/purchases are far more complicated than currently possible here. (no margin calls, ect.) Personally I'm a little skeptical of such strategies here since it seems like an easy way to circumvent setting up a profitable small company focused on growth, when you can just throw down 50 million dollars after some "lucky" stock picks. I think we've seen what insider trading is capable of around here, which is again why there are very strict real world laws governing such transactions.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Personal loans are certainly possible in the future, but not any time soon.

You have to realize how complicated the situation can be after putting in a "reset account" function.

You need to register or login to post a reply.