Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Multiple stores

Multiple stores

Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 194
I have looked around but can't find a related thread and I would like to make sure from someone who knows for a fact.

Does having more than 1 of the same store, selling the same item(s), increase the selling power for those items? Or does it only make it so I can sell 8 other items in that store?

For example does having 2 Farmer's market selling only Apples increase apple sales, as compared to only having 1 store? Or would that just be a waste of money?
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

+ / -

More stores means "bigger" store. So if you have 2 800m stores, you have the selling "power" equal to 1 1600m store
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Multiple same type stores allows you greater variety if you micromanage. Especially for stores with many possible different offerings like supermarkets and farmers markets.

Additionally it allows you to grow your selling capacity without completely shutting down sales, or paying for the expansions to instantly complete them.
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Alright. I was wondering because in order to circumvent construction times (and cost at larger sizes) I have been building more stores of the same time selling the same item(s). Due to recent competition, haven't been in a spot where I could test by pulling products from shelves in one store and watching affect on sales.
Thanks
Paul Jikanski

+ / -

I've also been wondering what would happen if you had 2 R&D buildings researching the same product...
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

+ / -

Total Posts: 506
You can't have multiple R&D's researching the same product. The second will not allow access to anything the first has anywhere in its queue.

I think Hajji's example of two stores at 800m2 being equal to one 1600m2 store in selling power is accurate. However, I am not sure that a 100, a pair of 200's, a 300 and a 800 are, combined, equal to a 1600. I am not sure the ratios work out the same way. Could someone straighten me out on that?
M Burch
RJ: Farmerbob
CO: Farmerbob

+ / -

Total Posts: 151
Considering the name of the game, the cost per m2 to operate the facilities should go down the larger each facility gets. I've never calculated it though.

Meaning that your selling power at one huge store would be the same as two stores half that size, but operating expenses would be lower at the big store than the total operating expenses of the two smaller stores.

Anyone done any math on that?
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
I noticed with three 500m^2 farmer's markets I was selling close to three times the product as one 500m^2 farmer's market as well as having to pay about three times as much in regards to the standard fees for operating a retail outlet of some kind. I could be mistaken though as mathematics is not my forte. I just recall that it was close to three times as much as one store when I had three running at the same time.

You need to register or login to post a reply.