Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » My Store Price Formula

My Store Price Formula

Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 132
I really need to go to bed, but wanted to put this up first.

W = wholesale Value
Q = Quality

My old formula used to be 8W(1+Q/50) as I wanted to sell about the same amount regardless of quality. I used this to find out what was the best quality to import but I ran into a small problem. Following this formula, lower quality goods sold less! So after a bit of experimenting I have come up with a new and improved formula.

4W(1+Q/50)(1+Q/50)

This resulted in products selling about the same regardless of quality (in practice, lower quality goods might sell a tiny bit more, but we are looking at a 1-2% error here). So far I have tested this with Q35 compared with Q50 and Q50 compared with Q55.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
Me, I'm sticking with a nice easy 4W as my "base price" for whatever my most recently produced quality is. I make the extra profit on the increased volume. For lower qualities I simply do a 4% discount for each quality level; that way I get rid of my old crappy stuff quicker. Nice to hear about different ways of doing it though!
Scott Gilbert
RJ: Scott Gilbert
CO: Joe Shmo

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
Is there an adjustment if you say purchase from B2B (at an increased cost over Wholesale), and then try to sell in your store? Using this formula, if I still use wholesale, the computation doesn't allow me to make money.

Just curious. I'm guessing on price now, and it seems to work. But wondered if there was an adjustment for purchased goods over wholesale?

Thanks.
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
AFAIK the game doesn't care whether you made, bought, borrowed or stole your goods. All that matters is the quality. The amount you make on it, of course, depends on what you spent to acquire it. You can always make money on a product by raising the price above your cost.

You need to register or login to post a reply.