Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » New market changes slaughtered my sales

New market changes slaughtered my sales

Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 148
I have almost 500 jewelry store upgrades and I was selling well over half a million dollars worth of B2B import market jewelry every tick, before that "secret" change. Now items I used to sell ten of per tick wont sell at all at the same price. I have reduced prices to 20% over cost and I sell one or two per tick. I have spent 20million dollars plus upgrading stores that make me 200k per tick profit. What changed? What is the deal? Seems like I might as well give up trying to catch up to the people that have billions of networth because it is going to take me ten times longer than it took them. Thanks.
Chad the Launderer

+ / -

Little example:
I am selling an item that I bought for $989. It is quality 50. I have 616 levels of upgrades on my stores. I sell 2 per tick at $1350. So after millions of dollars in upgrades to my stores I make a whopping $722 dollars profit per tick on that item.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
That sounds extreme, I say just raise the price, wait a few ticks, see if the sales go up any, and find out where you get the highest (revenue - cost) * units

So far I'm having $13.9k/tick revenue ($6.9k net gain) on chocolate truffles on total 1350 m^2 stores. But that's only 1 item.

As for catching up to the big guys... it's probably not going to happen this way, as any changes to make stores sell faster will only widen the gap since they know better. Best thing I can think of is to get harder on them as their levels increase. Since the current database structure forces me to work within this number: 18445899661664256000

So I can't afford to have the big guys grow out of bounds.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Sorry, I just looked in the tables, some things don't look right. I'll find out what the cause is.

UPDATE: Indeed I left out a factor in the "secret equation", so the cheaper products were affected in a negative way.
Chad the Launderer

+ / -

Whew, so there was indeed an issue? Will things return to normal?
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Hopefully it already has, can you check?
Chad the Launderer

+ / -

It is better than it was but not quite the same as a few days ago.
Roald Adriaansen
RJ: Wuvil
CO: Wuvil

+ / -

Total Posts: 146
On the topic of catching up, I'd say me and Walter has been doing very well ;)

My focus now has shifted a bit of from catching up to prestige projects instead :P
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

I see, so the fix did work.
But since everything's based on average, it'll take time to recover.
To speed things up I just "changed history"

You need to register or login to post a reply.