Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » (New Player, But It Had To Be Said) Building A Player Base!

(New Player, But It Had To Be Said) Building A Player Base!

Stuart Rene LaJoie
RJ: FakeMan
CO: Dell Conagher

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 7
This is mainly intended for the developer.

1) From what I've lots of people (on this forum and the forum that lead me here) seem to have agreed that this game is "dead".

2) Above 100 active players doesn't sound dead to me for a business simulation, but dunno, I'm new here.

3) Solution(?)

So... it just so happens that I am a regular player in the Cloutiverse.

cloutiverse.net

www.kongregate.com/games/delosford/clout-the-game

A detailed and accurate simulation of US government developed by delosford on Kongregate; run by players (currently congress), and the state of the nation and other nations; public health, population, happiness, taxes, policy, and, perhaps most relevantly, *trade and economy*; the Cloutiverse consists of the following games (in their extremely basic description):

Clout - Play as a congressperson. (414 active players; roughly enough to simulate an active congress, but that stat changes often; last month it was somewhere in the 600s)

Rubicon - Play as a presidential campaign manager. (still under development, release planned for somewhere around 2014, if I remember correctly).

The Lobby - Play as a lobbyist (not officially released yet, I got on on personal invite).

Spook - Play as an agent for various government agencies.

So.

My point is, what a great coincidence it would be if there was a developer behind an already modeled and basically working market economy that could be used to better simulate an in game economy in the Cloutiverse!

If he was given the offer, I'm fairly sure he'd enthusiastically approve of some sort of partnership; a new entity in the Cloutiverse is a welcome one I'm sure.

I think if I game him the same information on this game that I gave of his here, he'd be interested.

I do remember him saying to someone else that he once attempted to contact the developer of the Pandemic series (so health, domestic and international , could be simulated in an entertaining way that would now matter) but got no reply; suggesting he's eager for... something to happen, I guess.

This could be it.

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/delosford

Dunno, just a thought, but as a resident of the Cloutiverse, I FREAKING WANT IT TO HAPPEN YEEEEEEEAAAHHH!!!
Tiny Hogwaffle
RJ: Caligula
CO: Tiny Hogwaffle

+ / -

Total Posts: 128
It depends on what you consider to be dead, I guess. I know I log on just about every day, and maybe a handful of other people play here just as regularly, probably. The 100 players statistic is inaccurate as most of those are probably not really active. I would guess there are 15-20 active players in this game.

As for whether the developer will want to merge with another game... doesn't seem likely to me. He seems to be busy with other projects right now. Cloutiverse sounds interesting, though; maybe I'll check it out.
Esteban Arytom
RJ: Alfonso the XIIIth
CO: Artyom de Wūshī

+ / -

Total Posts: 4
If we could somehow merge the two servers into one, the playerbase would at least look far more active. As it is currently we've got people either dedicated to RJ or CO, these who play on both are a minority. (I play on RJ exclusively, mind you.)

Probably not happening anytime soon, though.
Andrew Carnegie
RJ: Andrew Carnegie
CO: Andrew Carnegie

+ / -

Total Posts: 94
Sorry for what I'm sure sounds like a stupid question, but what is RJ and CO? Are those the same as CapOL EOS and Test EOS?
Stuart Rene LaJoie

+ / -

He wouldn't even have to completely merge it if he absolutely didn't want to, for whatever reason; technically all that is needed are outputs, a.k.a stats from here; it's basically a more detailed simulator of the economy than is currently available in the Cloutiverse (GDP and other statistics are only "controlled" in the sense of taxes, laws, etc.); no direct interaction with it as a player; but of course, what the main benefit would be is an entire new gameplay type and element; most of the Cloutiverse is 100% text-based (other than Campaign Trail, a planned game in Oregon Trail-style primarily for mobile platforms). Also important is making the effects of player action in government far more tangible.

I just realized I haven't sent some similar message to delosford... I should see if he would actually be interested, although I'm already fairly sure he already would be.

I know it isn't exactly likely anytime soon, but it can't hurt to inquire, at least. ;)
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
game is dead because there is no more developpement, not because of player base.
Stuart Rene LaJoie

+ / -

Ah... why has development stopped? Just wondering. I do see a an insanely awesomely big room for new content, at the very least...

Also, has EoS ever attempted ever tried active paid advertisement at any point? (not that I can see any way or evidence of a way to fund such activities)

Just wondering.

Ririe Riecil
CO: Rie

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
From what I understand after browsing through the old forums (I am also a new player here), the sole developer made this game as some sort of hobby side project, and never intended to commercialize or scale up the game.

The dev managed to get a gainful employment at some IT company a couple months ago, and he does not appear to have any more interest beyond keeping the servers alive.

Probably for him, this game is sort of a nice thing to polish his IT career resume, but once he managed to get employed, there is no more reason for him to continue developing the game.
Stuart Rene LaJoie

+ / -

Couldn't or might he hand development to someone once he decides he's finished with it?
Joao Costa
RJ:
CO: Joper

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 3
I think this is the best game in this type of games...i am sorry that it is stopped...
Hoping that some one pick it up!!!
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
@Andrew:

CapEos is CO
TestEos is RJ

And no question is too stupid to ask :)
Giant Kin
RJ: Giantkin
CO: Giant Kin

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

Total Posts: 33
Is this a stupid question to ask?

:)
Бобан Гогић
RJ: Airbeat
CO: Boban Gogic

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 1
It's sad that this game have so little players :( As Joao Costa said, this is probably the best economy simulation ever made...
Bruce Heitz
RJ: Berkeley Food & Farm
CO: Berkeley

+ / -

Total Posts: 162
Agreed.....And the learning curve is much easier in EoS too.
marc desorcy
RJ:
CO: dadio

+ / -

Total Posts: 2
I just restarted this game and I feel it does have potential. It just needs to be cleaned up. Old accounts that no one logs into should be set to restart if they ever come back to play the game as an example. Are there any other business games similar to this one that is up kept and popular?
Paul Jikanski
RJ: Paul Jikanski
CO: Paul Jikanski

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Marc someone is making a clone of this game at losteconomy.com you read the thread here:
http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/want-to-keep-playing-this-game-with-an-active-admin/1
apparently he discussed it the developer of this game (who is no longer active) and got permission to make his own clone. So far it is a work in progress, it seems he started with a broken version of the source code or something.

You need to register or login to post a reply.