Occupy Econosia

David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Since we've defunded the supreme court:

"You received nothing from THE SUPREME COURT today, either because the company is without leadership, or because it simply does not have the money."

I submit that those currently languishing in Econosia's jails with life sentences never received a fair trial. I call upon the People's Beloved Big Brother to unilaterally commute the sentences of those poor souls from Life to 50 years (EoS time == 50 weeks IRL) and give them credit for time served.

OOC: Basically, some of the players who did stock market manipulation back in the day and are jailed for life probably should be allowed back into the game at some point.
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 2
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
Given the egregious crimes they committed leading to those life sentences, I respectfully disagree with my colleague. These unrepentant, often repeat criminals have no place in a civil society. They are economic sociopaths of the highest order. Even amongst the greed-driven rabble of Econosia they managed to stand out with the sheer heinousness of their craven depravity. For these reasons, they should never again see the light of day, nor read the financial pages of the Econosia Journal by said light.
Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

+ / -

Total Posts: 83
Some of the people who were involved in stock manipulations may be as bad as BB Goode says that they are, but some might have simply gotten involved in bad behavior because they were copying others who were doing it, and they did not realize how serious their offenses were in the view of other players and admins in the game.

It seems like eternal damnation is a relatively harsh punishment for mortals to assign to offenses which are essentially financial in nature and which may have been done without realizing how serious the offenses would be viewed. I'm not saying anyone who was involved was innocent of bad actions, but at least some of those involve may have been less guilty than others, and may not be deserving of a ban from the game forever.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Hear hear, I support BallC's occupation of Econosia's bankrupt supreme court.
Henry King
RJ: Business Tycoon
CO: BusinessTycoon

+ / -

Total Posts: 83
I don't think those old game abusers are any worse than the new game abusers we have with us now. Not clear to me why the old ones should be banned forever while the new ones get away with their actions without appearing to have any negative consequences at all.
Hajji Pajji
RJ: Trade Merchant
CO: VonDutch

+ / -

Total Posts: 194
Because the old abusers were punished by the admin....

You need to register or login to post a reply.