Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Ratjoy.com General Discussion » Official Announcement 3/28/2013 - Updated on 4/8/2013

Official Announcement 3/28/2013 - Updated on 4/8/2013

Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next
dan bra
RJ: King
CO:

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 55
i hope im not too late to ask but if we have things manufactured in the factories that are about to get automatically deleted, do we get those that got produced up to that point, or just lose all the queue of production?
Mark Petz
RJ: markpetz
CO: mark petz

+ / -

Total Posts: 8
I wish that instead of loosing buildings the duplicate buildings could be combined to 1 larger one. Thus freeing slots
Luca Forleo
RJ: Luca Forleo

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
One more question. What about factories being expanded during the time of the migration?
Brent Goode
RJ: BB Goode
CO: BB Goode

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 506
One more question. What about factories being expanded during the time of the migration?

I would think that if you chose it to migrate, it would migrate as is (in upgrade mode, if applicable.)
I see where the migration number has changed to 22! That is three more buildings than he started with. Rejoice and make choice!
I see where one of my companies has 22 available slots, and my second one has only 19 available slots. I am going to be oh-so-mellow here and assume that is by design.
See...this is me being mellow.
Mellow.
Just hanging out waiting, thumbs twiddling quietly.
Cool as a cucumber.
Totally befuddled.
Norbert Lehmann
RJ: bert
CO: Bert

+ / -

Total Posts: 14
i think the number of spots availible for merging, coresponds to the curantly owned land lots (i dont know the formula and correct me if im wrong) .. so in other words if you buy up the rest of the lots availible (even if you dont build on them )it should increase the availible slots for merging.

concerning the stockmarket,will the curantly owned stock remain the as is or should one get rid of it ?

edit (5/4/2013):it actualy does depend on the number of bought lots,i tryed in one of my companies ,only had 22 migrationspots availible yestearday ,so i bought 2 more lots and gained 1 migrationspot after reset.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
Alright, we'll have to postpone the update... the beta server is a shared server, and it's running an older version of PHP and MySQL that's got some issues with PDO (the DB driver I'm switching to).

So far I've got the forum working by adding a $query->closeCursor(); for every single ->fetch and ->fetchColumn. (Total 57 for the forum)

But there's probably thousands of them in EOS, so I'll see if there's any other ways.
Scott (Admin)

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Please, excuse my earlier message, I just got the forum working NOW.

Missed two of those closeCursors...
Brent Goode

+ / -

Oh, now...later...what's the difference. Just keep plugging Mr. President, we are right behind you.

"Hey, quit shoving back there!..."
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
The update will be well worth the wait. Please do notify us however before you take the site offline to administer these updates you are working on. Regardless of the circumstances however I look forward to seeing the results of your efforts Scott.
Scott (Admin)

+ / -

Thanks for the encouragement, I just got a reply from the hosting company about putting ratjoy.com on the migration list. It can take as long as a week, but if you think on the bright side, that means the stock market won't be taken down after all.

I'll give some notice ahead of time if they manage to get the migration done before 4/10. Otherwise I might just have to do it immediately as soon as the server gets transferred. But worry not, the migration script will refund discarded buildings and their unfinished researches, and complete the discarded production queues as a courtesy.

Note: edited.
Christopher Fowler
RJ: W. T. Snacks
CO: Sirkh

+ / -

Total Posts: 71
Well, I look forward to the update Scott. Thanks for coming back to work on this game I find myself coming back to again repeatedly.
Brent Goode

Post Rating: -1
+ / -

"the migration script will refund discarded buildings and their researches"

Don't suppose you would care to make that a bit more clear? I have already lost tons of research by trying to store them correctly while gone myself(something I would love to discuss one day). I don't want to lose more due to a plot change.

If I research something, I want that research to stick, regardless of whether I am using it at the moment. Face it, we are going to expand into the plots once they are set up. I don't want to lose any research, especially if it is tied to the lab that did it! That would wreak havoc with my company's production.
dan bra
CO:

+ / -

wow calm down :) it means that if research center get discarded, the cash spent on the specific research it did at the time will also get refunded.
Mike Barnett
RJ: D.Knell
CO: Angelo Mysterioso

+ / -

Total Posts: 46
I believe his concern was not about pending research, but goods already researched. For example, if I lose a research facility for prospecting goods, do i lose all of my concluded research? If I have 100q diamonds and I lose that research facility, can I still produce 100q diamonds. Maybe I missed the point, but I don't think the question was about pending research at the time the facility is lost. I think that part is pretty clear.
dan bra
CO:

+ / -

Yeah I certainly got that this was his concern,
and about that part being "clear", I totally agree, but its also very clear that my interpretation of it was different than yours.

research was never tied to any building. right now you can sell your research facilities and build them over and over again while the researched stuff stay intact. losing any research over building being discarded make absolutely zero sense.
sometimes you need to use a little reason and not follow the literal meaning ;)
Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments.