Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Price of rushing construction

Price of rushing construction

Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 183
It still seems a bit high. To rush construction on 200k worth of store costs 500k. It seems like influence is awesome up until level 6, at which point it's worthless because it costs a boatload of money to continue rush expanding. At that point it's kind of an all or nothing thing where you pump money into a new company and use all your influence to expand it on day 1, but then the future influence is useless again until you want to make a new company.

Perhaps we should have a third option at higher company levels that uses influence only and not cash? Instead of making it instant it could cut the time to construct down to 1/10th or something. So instead of 30 hours to expand something it would take 3, costing the same amount of influence that it takes now to do it instantly but not taking the additional cash. That way influence is still useful if you're not rolling in so much money that you can throw down 700k to build 200k worth of building. And if you are rolling in tons of money and want it right now you could do that too.

Either that or just cut the cost of rushing down a lot. If it was only about 5-10% of the cost of the construction instead of 150-250% it might be a bit more appealing.

What do others think of this? Do any of the other top companies spend their millions on rushing construction?
Dan Laurence
RJ: Sourpuss
CO: Sourpuss

+ / -

Total Posts: 49
Save influence for rushing new companies.

On a side note, new buildings should finish instantly, and they don't (always).
Cian Kemp

+ / -

I know that's what you can do with it, and that's what I do - I just don't see why influence should ONLY be useful for rushing new companies. Why even have the option to rush construction on an existing company if it's going to cost you so much that it's completely infeasible?

At level 6, when it starts costing you, it costs 6k per MINUTE of rushed construction. This scales up - 7k at level 7, 8k at level 8, and so on.

Running a building 1 minute sooner is never going to really be worth 6k. I'd have to be making 9 mil a day on the building to make it even remotely worthwhile.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

Well, I guess if you're going to have a 10k sized sports store it might be worth it - since at that point your 10k size store is going to be generating a lot of money. But rushing something up from 500 wouldn't be worth it at all.

Maybe the cost should adjust with the size of the building you're rushing? Going up from 500 to 1000 could be really cheap, whereas going up from 10k to 10.5k would get expensive.

The building size as a multiplier for the cost instead of company size might make more sense anyway.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
since VIP give boost of influence, I would be strongly against any lower fee for instabuild.
That would give a too big advantage for paying users.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

Well, you can still insta-build for free - you just have to start a brand new company with 0 company level. With that you could spend as much influence as you want for free.

Makes no sense that a brand new company can spend all the influence you want for free, but an established company needs to pay a ton of money. It just gives an advantage to the big player with hundreds of millions of cash to spend - he can create a new company and upgrade it to the max in an instant with no additional cash cost, while a guy with 1m just trying to upgrade his store by 50m2 would have to pay 2m or so just to spend a few influence points.

Some kind of standardized cost to spend influence based on store size instead of company level might be better. 500-1000 could be no cash and just influence (to make up for the loss of the current ability to do this at company level 5 and below), with the cost going up from there. But it should always be low enough that it's actually desirable to do - if the store can only ideally make 5 million in 24 hours then it shouldn't cost 10 million to rush 24 hours.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
if you make it cost 5 million, where is the drawback to instabuild ?
Again, if you make it cost 5 million, you just have another pay-to-win browser game in your hand, like thousand of others in the internet.
Cian Kemp

+ / -

Uh, well if it costed 5m and the max you could make from running the building is 5m, I still wouldn't do it. Why pay 5 million cash and a bunch of influence just for the chance to run the building and make it back if you're lucky? I'd rather wait a day and be guaranteed to have the 5m the next day and save the influence for when I eventually want to start a new company.

Influence is already extremely useful. If you have enough cash up front you can start a new company and spend thousands of influence to instantly get a company built and ready to go - instantly making a company competitive with someone who has been in the market for a while (possibly passing them up, since they're likely expanding slowly).

The way the influence system works now just penalizes people who are slowly building up instead of capitalizing on the quirks of the game to get hundreds of millions and then building a mega company. The one slowly building up has to pay double or triple for the buildings if he wants them built instantly (so it's only logical to just let them build, hence the influence is useless to him). The one who has a bunch of cash to invest right away pays nothing extra to build them instantly, only influence, since his company level is 0 on day 1.

You need to register or login to post a reply.