Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Stock Market Discussion » Prophet Empire: Stock Update

Prophet Empire: Stock Update

Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 153
Fraud or not it is about the cheesiest way to obtain wealth short of fraud. We all know it is a weakness of the market simulation. Just some people can't resist the urge to take whatever shortcuts they can come up with.

In any event it is rather unsavory to gloat over being so brilliant as to exploit a bug/weakness in the simulation as though one had actually accomplished something notable.

You must be proud to have a $45B company that is lucky to average $100M a day in actual real revenue.

CONGRATS!
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

Post Rating: 4
+ / -

Total Posts: 153
You could put your cash in your grandma's saving account and make more money than you company is making :)

Pyramid Schemes of Scale!
John Bouton
RJ: John Bouton
CO: LOL

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 20
"Somewhat true, and I can't do anything about it as opposed to the pump and dump schemes that's making a lot of shares "stinky"."

You are in charge of the game, you can do whatever you want about it. Might I suggest fining the crap out of the company?
Art M
RJ: Matrix
CO:

+ / -

Total Posts: 11
How about change amount of cash is raised on second, third , etc waves of public offering. This should solve at least some problems. Or make cash raised in that way not affect net worth. Or something that discourages people from doing it, this way of abusing the game becoming epidemic. I saw 3 companies on my list do the same thing just today. There should be some kind of stop gap that will prevent people from creating money from nothing and then brag about it like they solved cancer. We should give Walter the purple heart for abusing the game and being smug about it. Revenue of 100mil for a company and you are # 1 in the game with double the net worth of closest richest player? Ya, that's sound normal to me.
Jim Frazer
RJ: Kenneth Noisewater
CO: Kenneth Noisewater

+ / -

Total Posts: 25
Seems like the easiest fix would be to decouple stock price from net worth. Have stock price be based off of P/E and EBITA (not in the game, but a fair measure of company stability in the real world). P/E should only take into account (store sales + B2B sales + export) - (maint + salary + import + B2B) and not include MISC or building expenses.

P/E should average over 7 days instead of being calculated daily.

Also, all companies under the same account should be part of a "corporation", their earnings taken as a whole, and their stocks kept under a single umbrella. Disney, for example, owns Marvel, Touchstone, Pixar, and a number of other companies...but they are all tracked together as "Disney".

This would limit the impact on profit reports coming from shuffling products between companies. If I sell one of my companies a bunch of water at $10 each, my corporate earnings would remain the same since the money is just moving from Company A to Company B but staying within my corporate empire.

The only thing this wouldn't help with is people using multiple accounts, but that's a different issue all together.
Art M
CO:

+ / -

Love Jims ideas, every single one is on the money. Even just Decoupling P/E from misc and building expenses is amazing, and will cut the current stock abuse issue in the bud.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
Also loan amount being based on networth is kind of silly. I'm not faulting Scott here, its a fairly logical conclusion assuming rational players. However, we all know that exploiters will find every loophole given the chance. Loans are granted based on ability to repay such loan. Someone with a bunch of cash and zero income will not be granted a loan. Obviously a public company with no revenue would not hold a AAA credit rating taking out 50% networth loans daily...
Art M
CO:

+ / -

I also think the game should be moved from 24 hours updates of stats to either 7 day or 3 day stat tracking. 24 hours puts to much pressure on everyone, and a lot of players might not be able to maintain this pace in long run. 24 hours almost forces to not compete or spend way to much time and focus on the game. Just move away from 24 hour all together. 24 hour makes a game almost work, while larger time frame will allow for different play styles. This is totally my opinion, based on OO and other discussions. I feel once people feel they fall too much behind the top of the rank, they give up. 24 hour ranking making that feeling so much more acute. For the people who are not competing to be at the top or they fallen too much behind, the goals and direction of the game should be different. I think mega corps (combination of players as a league) or some such, could be a solution.
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
@Aaron Barr
Prophet Empire has no loan currently and hasn't had one since I took it over and I had paid off the previous owners loan, and its low income is due to have 95% of the company being upgraded.

Art M
CO:

+ / -

lol, i think Andrew has highlighted the greatness of Walters ingenuity when it comes to bending the rules. Rapture is doing amazingly well ........
Marc Laird
RJ: MarcAFK

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
$12 a share buy em while they're erm, all sold out, lol :/
Drew Davies
RJ: Vargo Hoat
CO: Vargo Hoat

+ / -

Total Posts: 16
There are like 12 companies whose prices went way down and are no climbing back up. Clearly some exploits going on. Good for them for figuring them out, sucks to be any other public company on the market right now though.
LP Paradoxian
RJ: LP Paradoxian

+ / -

Total Posts: 18
I bought about 25 million shares today for a very low price. Considering that 1) it's RJ who crashed the market and 2) RJ closed the market opening it a few minutes later before the prices were restored, adding this message: "The stock market is currently undergoing major reforms, trade at your own risk!", I expect that my trade will not be reversed because I'm not at fault and the admin actually gave us his fiat to trade in the market again.

That being said, the price of Prophet right now ($20) is much closer to reality than the price it had ($8k). The company has very little underlying earnings and almost all of the earnings came from errors in the accounting rules of Econosia.
eric scott
RJ: Erik Scott
CO: Sappo

+ / -

Total Posts: 130
157,000% gain you say?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
It won't be reversed, but the stock market may be suspended at any time so that you may not sell any shares you own - and prices may drop further due to the pending changes including fixing that accounting issue.

You need to register or login to post a reply.