Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Purchasing Research Levels

Purchasing Research Levels

georges nolan
RJ: Silvertear

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 23
I'm increasingly finding that small specifically industrially focused companies, such as my own, are simply unable to compete on an adequate level with the super rich companies in the game. Being able to start and focus on any industry and be producing high level items in a short amount of time, simply through buying research makes competition unfair. Being rich should give an advantage, through expansion and multiple companies, but at the same time, I personally think it shouldn't tilt the balance completely in your favour, leaving no room for healthy competition.
So my suggestion would be to quite simply scrap the purchase research for money system and thus levelling the playing field for newer (read: poor) players like me. Anyone have any thoughts on this matter?
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
The purchase price is exponential so we actually don't use it above a certain level. Here is an example:

Current research: Researching Silver Necklace of quality 56
Current outsource cost: $951,014,975.12
Time remaining: 22:37:26
georges nolan
RJ: Silvertear

+ / -

Total Posts: 23
I did not know that, thanks for posting that.
However the point remains that the competition between richer and newer companies are usually in the lower levels, in which they are relatively cheap to power through.
Chad the Launderer
RJ: Synreal
CO: Synreal

+ / -

Total Posts: 148
Maybe when the game is all done he will add another server or something. I think that it is possible to catch up. If you go public you can take hundreds of millions in low interest loans. Find you niche. Do alot of max 168 hour upgrades and wait. My first big jump in power and money came when I went out of town and had all of my buildings upgrading for 168 hours. I came back a week later and shot up fast.
Walter Yorkshire
RJ: Walter Yorkshire
CO: Walter Yorkshire

+ / -

Total Posts: 132
The scientists at Valley Co. (who have been given ridiculous amount of funding by me) have never outsourced. It just not worth it except the very few levels. If you want to research quickly, I recommend having big research centers.
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
yeah - im with walter
the faster you get your research high - the less time you will spend researching for the rest of the game
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
No, the actual plan on research is to introduce a variable called world average research, and update all new players' research level to that level without needing them to research anything at all - of course it's not something urgent.

Of course, then the new research cost will be based on average research level:

Example with arbitrary numbers (equation not made yet).
If the world average quality is at 50, and you're researching Q 51, then it'll cost perhaps 10% of what it would normally cost to research Q 51 in time and $.
But if the world average quality is at 0, and you're trying to research Q 51, then it should cost 1000% of what it would normally cost.

You need to register or login to post a reply.