Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » re.

re.

Zack WenJian
RJ: Zack
CO: Zack

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 114
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
It's #5 on the TODO list right now:

http://www.ratjoy.com/forum/topic/to-do-list/

Probably going to be a little while -- I'd say a month or more at the earliest. And when it comes back, it won't have the robocitizens so it'll be more like the B2B market (with buy/sell orders of course).
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
I am wondering how it could work without robotizens... Market will never be liquid enough, and there will close to 0 interest to invest in stocks, especially because dividends are not guaranteed.
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Force the company to buy back shares when players want to dump it? It really only works as a deterrent to 'bad stock company' if the player who opens it intends keep running that company himself.
Aaron Barr
RJ: Aaron
CO: Aaron

+ / -

Total Posts: 81
Not sure why people actually want the stock market. The only real draw is quick "free" money from "good" investments. pretty much exploiting the robotizens... There has to at least be insider trading limits. I, personally, much prefer seeing the B2B market emerging from real companies built legit, not from crazy money from stock investments.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
I don't miss stocks. AT ALL!
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 183
A stock market run purely by other players wouldn't be super liquid, but it's the best option imo. Folks would still invest money - say I'm leaving the game for a bit and want to keep growing, if I invest in a good company that pays dividends I can make money from it while inactive. Limiting the bonus to 5% helps a lot, allowing the company to have a lot of cash left in it and preventing the chairman from pulling all the money out in bonus.

The incentive to pay dividends would be to give money to yourself and to keep your company valued high. If you don't pay dividends players will try to dump your stock and nobody will buy any of it, if you get a reputation for paying good dividends people will be putting in buy orders to get stock in your company and drive the value up and provide a more liquid market for the shares of it.

Will it work? Maybe, maybe not. But I'd love to see it attempted.
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
all players using bots will handle dozen of companies.. Look at BallC...
Gamma Alpha
RJ: Gammatron
CO: Gammatron

+ / -

Total Posts: 104
kind of miss alot of element without the stock market.
its just buying and selling to gain money now..

hopefully as soon as possible, because I'm gonna speculate the shit out of it and become a billionaire in a week or so
David Archer
RJ: BallC
CO: BallC

+ / -

Total Posts: 142
Well, not necessarily a pure zero sum game since the company that issues the shares will (hopefully) grow in value which makes the stocks worth more intrinsically. However, you are right that there would need to be a buyer on the other side of the transaction who is willing to pay you what you want for the shares.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Why don't you think there would be any buyers or sellers? As long as the stock system is designed good I don't see any reason there wouldn't be some liquidity - it would just need an option to make both buy and sell orders for stocks so people who aren't online at the same time could still make deals both ways.

When people start to have extra money, people will be happy to invest in companies to get a return on it - especially if they make a nice forum post about their business goals and such. If a company gets a good reputation of being profitable and giving that profit out as dividends the demand for the company's stock will rise and so will the price people are willing to pay for it.

I'm already at the point where I'd be happy to invest a few million of my extra cash on a stock market.

You need to register or login to post a reply.