Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » Suggestions, Technical Support and Feedback » Research Queue sugestion

Research Queue sugestion

Reiter Hexenmeister
RJ: Ritter Hexenmeister

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 22
Scott, I read in news your problem. Due to new research updates, is impossible to calculate time before start. I feel that if you only put estimate time to pending upgrades, these can be displayed in queue as production do, but when a reseach starts, research time should be updated for current QR.
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
I'm sure it's solvable, just takes some sitting down. Thanks for the suggestion, the general concept is very helpful.
Reiter Hexenmeister
RJ: Ritter Hexenmeister

+ / -

Total Posts: 22
I have a similar real life challenge, where need estimate FIFO values based on variables in continuous shift, similar to Qavg and Qleader_avg used in Q time research, if you find how to solve i wonder if you let me know.
Nwabudike Morgan
RJ: CEO Nwabudike Morgan
CO: CEO Nwabudike Morgan

+ / -

Total Posts: 108
You already have some sort of event processing at the time where research completes, right? If you create a linked list of R&D queued at a research facility, then you will have a pointer from a given research job to the next one. You can then perform the basic computations about the next research when the event fires, or else stall it for a direct predecessor. You can also search for a pending research job for the next quality level up, and trigger it if it is stalled.

Heck, you might want to make your job easier by allowing only one R&D facility in a company to have research for a particular item queued at a time. I am sure there are reasons for someone to queue research in the same product in different facilities, but it's certainly not a necessary feature in my opinion.

You need to register or login to post a reply.