Santorum & The Big Cheese

Previous 1 [2] Next
Mike Finn
RJ: Ben Fuller
CO: Ben Fuller

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 94
No such thing happened. You're exploiting a fundamental flaw in the beta game. Not sure why you are at such pains to deny it. But your actions a good argument for keeping the stock market out of the real game. And it makes the beta game arguably less useful, but it seems like most folks have backed off on the beta to play on the real server anyway. I'm not advocating that you be punished for cheating on the beta server - I'm just pointing out that you are cheating.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
Liquidating a company would be distributing the assets equally among all shareholders, including the robocitizens that own a big chunk of the company. You're distributing the assets to yourself and giving nothing to the other players and the robocitizen stockholders. Therefore you are stealing, not liquidating.

If you want to liquidate the company, sell everything and set a dividend high enough to pay most of it out. That way the other players and the robocitizens will get their share. That's as close as we have to liquidating a company right now.
James Melvin
RJ: The Big Cheese
CO: James Melvin

+ / -

Total Posts: 20
You are incorrect about just about everything you wrote. That is indeed what happened, and I have denied nothing, in fact have pointed out several other examples. Cheating is using multiple accounts, or using some script, or bot. I am operating within the constraints of the game UI, this free-market 'loophole' you speak of would be very easily fixed if that is what the maker intended. I have responded to everyone's comments, and have nothing to hide.

This was fun to talk about, but it has exhausted my interest. Any salient points can be PM'd to me. I certainly wish none of you ill will, and have enjoyed the debate.

Cian, I can't really make sense of what you wrote, you seem to be modifying your own definition of liquidation that is just as wrong, but different from your first. It strikes me that you are probably a kid, so kudos for making the effort.
Cian Kemp
RJ: Cian Kemp
CO: Cian Kemp

+ / -

Total Posts: 183
You can't make sense of distributing assets equally among all the owners? The computer is an owner too - robocitizens are buying the shares from you. Setting a dividend would give the money out evenly to every owner, including you. If you own 50% of the company you would get 50%

But I guess the only thing that makes sense to you is for 100% of a company that you own, say, 20% of, going directly to you - and the other 80% of the ownership getting squat? And then being able to sell that 20% that you actually bought for most of your initial investment back on top of that?

Maybe you should try that in real life? Go buy two condos in a building where everyone else only owns one (majority shareholder?), then go in and strip the wiring and appliances and everything salable out of the entire building. Then sell your two condos to someone else and run off with the money. Boy, why didn't I think of that before? I could be rich!
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

+ / -

Total Posts: 341
lol Cian I guess you are losing your time here, this guy is just inventing concepts to continue to loot companies, there is nothing to discuss except how long he should be in jail.
Richard Ripberger
RJ: Rip
CO: Rip

+ / -

Total Posts: 153
Old hat. I don't even go on the beta server anymore. I am sure my companies are in the toilet. So much cheating on there it is no longer fun.
Previous 1 [2] Next

You need to register or login to post a reply.