Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Sharing resources between your own companies

Sharing resources between your own companies

Aaron Szerletich
RJ: Swizzle
CO: A Letich

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 2
Let's say I plan on starting a company to produce agricultural raw materials such as wheat and barley. After I get that established and get some capital built up, I start another company that specializes in using those raw materials (for example, a beer company).

1) Is there a way to transfer those resources from my first company to my second without putting them on the open market?

2) Is it even beneficial to go through with this strategy? Does it benefit either of the companies to be separate entities, or should I just have my raw materials company open up a beverage factory?
Jayle Trigger
RJ: Berry Punch
CO: Applejack

+ / -

Total Posts: 93
Market requests are your best bet. When you got goods to transfer, set up a buy order with the manufacturer and fulfill that request with the farm.

Setting the price low should ward off most people from snatching....
Mike Barnett
RJ: D.Knell
CO: Angelo Mysterioso

+ / -

Total Posts: 46
I do it with 9 companies. It definitely works for me. Jayle's thoughts on making your own requests were right on the money. I'll produce what I need for another of my companies. I'll go to the company that needs the product, set up a request, and immediately go back to first company and fulfill the request.

I think that doing it with multiple companies works the best with huge production facilities. I think I have 4 of the top 10 manufacturing companies in size, and all of my 8 manufacturing companies are in the top 25 in size, so I'm dealing with huge quantities. It didn't work as well when my companies were smaller, and I spent tons on enlarging, so it will probably take me 6 months to make it pay off completely. But now that I have it set up, it's almost on auto-pilot.

You need to register or login to post a reply.