Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS General Discussion » Silly trivia question

Silly trivia question

Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 266
It turns out I can make every single item in-house for a complete supermarket supply chain! I just needed to open a second company to do it (-: The 10 million for the second company is a way better deal than the 27 mil it would have cost me for one more factory slot...but anyway, here's the question.

As of this writing it takes 154 products to completely stock a supermarket. If you're going to make them all yourself, how many different products are you going to make that use electricity?

The correct answer is 159! 132 that wind up on the shelves, plus 26 of the 44 ingredient items you need to make. Add one more if you use coal to make your electricity, which you might as well do since there are 4 ingredients that come out of the mine anyway.

By the way, I have noticed an "ingredient chain" of length 6 in my supply chain: electricity -> silica -> glass bottle -> artificial vanilla extract -> batter -> various baked goods and desserts. Can you find anything longer?
zxektok megatron
RJ: zxektok

+ / -

Total Posts: 140
i had a roast beef sandwich (never going to make that) i think its 7

electricity -> silica sand -> glass bottle -> malt vinegar -> white vinegar -> mayonaise -> roast beef sandwich

i know ham is the same but the roasted beef i feel is even more awkward :)
Mister Death
RJ: McFlono McFloninoo

+ / -

Total Posts: 266
You're absolutely right! And coincidentally I have a run of roast beef sandwiches finishing up in about 2 hours' time...had to import the roast beef though.

You need to register or login to post a reply.