Login
Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Starting out, what should I do?

Starting out, what should I do?

john mcgrew
RJ: Cesar Chaves
CO: Avery Humbleman

Post Rating: 1
+ / -

Total Posts: 4
I'm intrigued by this game, so I started on the new capitalism-online.com server. I found a line of products with low met demand, then spent most of my starting loan on building some factories, R+D, and a retail store.

My problem is I'm not making any money. My factories are running full blast to make product, I'm selling it as fast as possible from the retail shelves, yet at the end of the day I get hit massively on building maintenance and salaries, which wipe out any profit from my stores. I'm struggling to stave off bankruptcy on day 2.

What did I do wrong? What was I supposed to do? There doesn't seem to be a tutorial or some way of knowing if what you are building or investing in is the supposed correct way of playing, or is just a giant mistake. Should I sell retail products at MSRP, or is that a newbie trap that screws you over? Should I make more than one product, or try to diversify and fill up the shelves? Should I even have a retail store at all? Was I supposed to just export all my goods and save the capital for a bigger factory? What square footage are my buildings supposed to be, or does it even matter? Is R+D worth it or am I just wasting money?

Help!
Bob Malone
RJ: Bob Malone
CO: Malone

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 341
Without more information we cannot help.

what are your building ? stores ? R&D ? ( type/size )
what are you producing ? at which price ? what are the sales ?

john mcgrew

+ / -

I've got a 100m livestock farm, a 250m slaughterhouse, a small r+d, and a small retail farmer's market. I've spent most of my starting money to produce a bunch of pigs, chickens, and cows, and now I'm grinding them up into meat and putting them up at msrp in my shop. So for a relatively cheap stuff that's $0.50 to make, can be sold for about $3. I'm able to get %400 to %600 markup on the cost to manufacture. Even so, I don't sell enough to even break even on the daily maintenance.
Roland Burke
RJ: Roland
CO: Roland Burke

+ / -

Total Posts: 10
Your first priority should be building store size. No big store, no big money (unless you can sell excess stuff on B2B).
Reeoth Blaaaargh
RJ: Reeoth
CO: Reeoth

+ / -

Total Posts: 3
Also it's a wise thing to invest all the money into something before 00:01 AM. This way your loan will increase but you would easily repay it later, when you'll start making profit out of your business.
john mcgrew

+ / -

I guess I'll restart and try a larger retail store. I wish there was a more intuitive presentation of the data without having to read old forum posts.

You need to register or login to post a reply.