Ratjoy.com » Forums » EoS Newbie Station » Stinky shares

Stinky shares

Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

Post Rating: 0
+ / -

Total Posts: 214
I bought some stock at 45 and it nosedived to like 3 bucks for a day or two. Couldnt sell it because of the stinky shares message.. Now its at 45 again but it wont let me sell them. How does this mechanic work?
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
The stock market is still an experimental feature. You are not required to use it, and you're not guaranteed to be able to make any profit off of it.
Andrew Naples
RJ: Clemen Salad
CO: Clemen

+ / -

Total Posts: 214
I was just asking how it worked? Is it broken? I dont know jack about the stock market, hence the newbie question
Scott (Admin)
RJ: Ratan Joyce
CO: Ratan Joyce

+ / -

Total Posts: 1175
The answer's somewhat complicated, but can be generally summarized into this:

The stock market worked as expected for months until exploits are discovered. Yes, the particular exploit can be patched up easily, but since it is impossible to protect any multi-player feature against players who only want to ruin things and have no concern for punishment as long as custom prices are allowed on the B2B (no change intended), the stock market is on "paranoid-and-reduced-functionality mode" until ask/bid is in place.
Hurricane McAwesome
RJ: Leatra
CO: Leatra Artael

+ / -

Total Posts: 1
Just sell it stack by stack. Trying to sell them all at once usually gives the stinky shares message.

You need to register or login to post a reply.